11

❛ lotus hotel ❜

Y/N SHOOK PERCY'S SHOULDERS, DESPERATE FOR HIM TO WAKE UP, "THE TRUCK'S STOPPED. WE THINK THEY'RE COMING TO CHECK ON THE ANIMALS."

"Hide!" Annabeth yelled. She placed her cap and turned invisible. Y/n and the two boys dived behind feed snacks.

"Man!" One of the truckers said, waving his hand in front of his nose, "I wish I hauled appliances." he climbed inside and poured some water into the animal's dishes.

"You hot big boy?" he splashed the rest of the bucket right in the lion's face. It roared in indignation.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." he scoffed. The trucker thew the antelope a squashed-looking Happy Meal bag, then smirked at the zebra, "How ya doin' Stripes? Least we'll be getting rid of you this stop. You like magic shows? You're gonna love this one. They're gonna saw you in half!"

"That little—" before Y/n could finish her sentence, Percy shoved his hand on her mouth telling her to be quite.

Then, there was a loud knock on the side of the trailer. The trucker inside yelled, "What do you want Eddie?"

A voice outside—who Y/n thought might be Eddie, shouted back, "Maurice? What'd ya say?"

"What are you banging for?"

Knock knock

Eddie yelled, "What banging?"

Maurice rolled his eyes and went back outside, cursing Eddie.

A second later, Annabeth appeared next to Y/n, "This transport business can't be legal."

"No kidding." Grover said, "The lion says these guys are animal smugglers! We've got to free them!"

Percy grabbed Riptide and slashed the lock off the zebra's cage. It burst out and bowed to him. Grover held up his hand and spoke in goat. They'd just released a zebra in Las Vegas.

Maurice and Eddie ran after it, with a few policeman yelling, "Hey! You need a permit for that!"

"Now would be a good time to leave." Y/n suggested.

"The other animals first." Grover argued.

Percy cut the locks with his sword and told them good luck.

"Will the animals be okay?" He asked Grover, "I mean, the desert and all—"

"Don't worry. I placed a satyr's sanctuary on them."

"Meaning?"

"Meaning they'll reach the wild safely. They'll find water, food, shade, whatever they need until they find a safe space to live."

"Why can't you place a blessing like that on us?"

"It only works on wild animals"

Y/n hummed, interested, "So it would only affect Percy?"

"Hey!" he protested.

She chuckled, "Kidding kelp head. Come on. Let's get out of this filthy truck."

𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊

THEY PASSED MONTE CARLO AND A FEW OTHER PLACES.

The next thing they knew, they were standing at a dead end in front of the Lotus Hotel and Casino. The doorman smiled at them, "Hey, kids. You look tired. You want to come in and sit down?"

The group looked around and Grover said, "Woah."

The whole lobby was a giant game room. There was an indoor waterslide snaking around the glass elevator, which went straight up at least forty floors. There was a climbing wall on the side of one building and an indoor bungee-jumping bridge. There were virtual-reality suits with working laser guns and hundreds of video games, with the size of a widescreen TV.