2

❛ sword lessons ❜

THE TWO GIRLS CONTINUED TO SHOW HIM AROUND CAMP WHILE DRENCHED EVERYWHERE.

Campers would ask them questions, only to be ignored. Y/n hated walking around while her clothes were damp, toilet water dripping off her. It was funny for the first half but now she was just pissed at Percy.

They showed him the metal shop, the arts and crafts room, and the climbing wall that shook violently, dropping boulders, sprayed lava, and clashed together if you didn't get to the top fast enough.

Finally, they returned to the canoeing lake, where the trail led back to the cabins.

"I've got training to do." Annabeth said blandly, "Dinner's at seven-thirty. Just follow your cabin to the mess hall."

"Guys, I'm sorry about the toilets."

"Whatever toilet boy," Y/n said flatly.

"It wasn't my fault." They looked at him doubtingly.

"You need to talk to the oracle," Annabeth said.

"Who?"

Y/n shook her head, "Not a person. It's more of a what. I'll ask Chiron."

Percy stared into the lake, his heart skipped a beat when he noticed two teenage girls sitting legs crossed at the base of the pier, about twenty feet below.

"Don't encourage them." Y/n scolded, "Naiads are terrible flirts."

"Naiads." Percy repeated, "That's it. I want to go home now."

The naiads glared at the brunette who insulted them, only for her to stick out her tongue.

Annabeth frowned, "Don't you get it, Percy? You are home. This is the only safe place on earth for kids like us."

"You mean mentally disturbed kids?"

"Ouch," Y/n mumbled.

Annabeth shook her head, "I mean not human. Not totally human anyway. Half-human."

"Half human and half what?"

"You know," Y/n stated.

"God." Percy huffed, "Half-god."

Annabeth nodded, "Your father isn't dead Percy. He's one of the Olympians."

Percy scoffed in disbelief, "That's..crazy."

Y/n snorted, "Is it? What's the most common thing gods did in the old stories? They ran around falling in love with humans and having kids with them. Do you think they've changed their habits in the last few millennia?"

"But those are just—but if all the kids here are half-gods—"

"Demigod." Annabeth said, "That's the official term. Or half-bloods."

"Then who are your dads?"

Annabeth's hands tightened around the pier railing, "My dad is a professor at West Point" she said, "I haven't seen him since I was very small. He teaches American history."

Percy looked toward Y/n who avoided any eye contact, "My dad is an asshole." was all she said.

"He's human."

"What? Do you assume it had to be the male god who finds a human female attractive? How sexist is that?" Annabeth scoffed.

"Who's your mom then?"

"Cabin six."

"Meaning?"

"Athena." Annabeth straightened, "Goddess of wisdom and battle."