15

❛ prophecy has ended... ❜

THE REPORTERS FED THE FOUR KIDS A WHOLE FAKE STORY.

They nodded and acted tearful and exhausted, playing victimized kids for the cameras.

"All I want," Percy choked back his tears, "is to see my loving stepfather again. Every time I saw him on TV, calling me a delinquent punk, I knew...somehow we would be okay."

Y/n kept biting her tongue to hold her back from bursting into a fit of laughter as Percy spoke.

"And I know he'll want to reward each and every person in this beautiful city of Los Angeles with a free major appliance from his store. Here's the phone number."

Apparently, the reporters wanted word from Y/n as well. She felt a huge grin creep up her lips.

The girl cried so realistically the people watching her were in tears, minus her friends, "I was so scared and worried I'd never see my affectionate father and his one thousand girlfriends who never got the chance to becoming my stepmother," she sobbed, "I know that if he was here right now, I'd give him the biggest kick in the shin since it's how we show our father-daughter love—and if anyone sees him, please give kick him for me. I'll sleep better knowing someone showed him my love."

The audience awed. Police and reporters were so moved they passed around a hat and raised money for four tickets on the next plane to New York.

"Don't worry," Y/n said nervously to Percy, "It's my first time too."

Takeoff scared the life out of Y/n, and Percy. They held their hands together and closed their eyes. They didn't unclench their arm-seat until they safely touched down at La Guardia.

The local press was waiting for them outside security, luckily Annabeth evade them away by putting her Yankees cap and yelling "They're over her! By the yoghurt stand!"

Outside the airport was where Y/n and Percy had another one of their fights. He had told them to go back to Camp and tell Chiron what happened, but the brunette was too stubborn to do it.

"Do I look like I'd listen to you? I don't care what happens, even if I die. I'm not leaving your side." The girl argued.

Soon, Annabeth and Grover went back to Camp while Y/n and Percy headed to Manhattan.

𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊

"SIX HUNDREDTH FLOOR." PERCY SAID.

The guard was reading a huge book, with 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone' as the title. It took a while for him to look up, "No such floor kiddo."

Y/n walked up, head high, "Give us the key to the six hundredth floor please."

Doing exactly Y/n said, the guard got up his seat and took out a key card. The brunette took it with pleasure, smiling at Percy.

As the elevator closed, Y/n slipped the key into the slot. The card disappeared and a new button appeared on the console, a red one that said 600.

Percy pressed it and waited and waited as the elevator music played:

If you like pina coladas...and gettin' caught in the rain...

Finally, the doors slid open. They stepped out and Percy froze, taking it all in.

They were standing on a narrow stone walkway in the middle of the air. Below them was Manhattan. In front of them, white marble steps wound up the spine of a cloud, into the sky.