17

act two.
sea of monsters.
❛ tyson ❜

"BULLS. METAL BULLS. WE'RE UNDER ATTACK."

Y/n was quick to change. She had armour on and her sword held tight in her hands. Her attention was focused on the two bulls that passed Thalia's tree.

"Phalanx position!" Clarisse yelled.

Y/n followed the girl's orders and lined shoulder-to-shoulder, locking her shield to form an ox-hide-and-bronze wall. She could make out a figure coming closer. She recognized it as Annabeth.

She didn't have much time to spare, since her formation caught a bull's attention. The bull moved deadly fast.

"Hold the line!" Clarisse ordered.

"Behind you!" A voice yelled, "Look out!"

The familiar voice did everything except warn them, instead, it startled them. A bull charged Clarisse as she flew backwards, landing on a smouldering patch of grass.

Some of the campers screamed as their helmet caught on fire. The bull was about to charge again at Clarisse before Y/n grabbed its attention. The brunette slashed at its metal body, only leaving a scratch in its flank. It creaked and kept going.

"Y/n! What happened? I leave you at camp for the summer and come back to see it under attack!" Annabeth scolded.

"I've missed you too Annie." Y/n smiled.

"You guys, watch out!" Y/n found the voice belonging to Percy. His eyes, focused on something in front of them.

The girls turned to find a bull, pawing its foot onto the grass. Without hesitation, Y/n pushed Annabeth away, landing on the grass, Y/n opposite her. She pulled Annabeth up and they continued helping  campers.

Apollo's cabin shot arrows, but they barely did much. Athena's cabin tried to stab their sword in the gear to stop it from working, but the bull was moving too fast.

Y/n caught sight of Percy who was on the ground. His face was pull of pain and his hands clutched onto his ankle, a bull was charging straight towards him, "Annabeth! Percy needs help!"

The blondie turned toward the gate of the camp, yelling out a name, "Tyson, help him!"

Somewhere near the crest of the hill a voice wailed, "Can't—get—through!"

"I, Annabeth Chase, give you permission to enter camp!"

A big bulky dude dove between Percy and the bull as it unleashed a nuclear firestorm.

"Tyson!" Percy yelled. The blast swirled around the standing boy like a tornado. When the fire died, Y/n's breath hitched as she saw his face.

Tyson balled his fist and slammed them into the bull's face, "BAD COW!" He hit it again and the bronze crumpled under his hands.

"Down!" He yelled. The bull staggered and fell on its back. Y/n ran over to check Percy.

"The other bull?" He asked.

She pointed down the hill where Clarisse impaled it's leg with a celestial bronze spear. The Ares girl pulled off her helmet and marched towards the two—now three ( Annabeth went over to them ) demigods.

"You—ruin—everything!" she yelled at Percy.

"Good to see you too, Clarisse." Annabeth muttered.

"Argh! Don't ever EVER try saving me again!"

Y/n looked at Percy in disbelief, "You saved..her?"

The boy rolled his eyes.

"Clarisse, you've got wounded campers." Annbeth said.