22

❛ donuts ❜

IF YOU HAD TOLD Y/N LUKE WOULD'VE BETRAY HER, SHE WOULD'VE LAUGH AT YOUR FACE AND GO THROUGH EVERY WILL TO DEFEND HIM.

Until she was proven wrong. The girl couldn't speak, her thoughts ran free and memories were brought up. She couldn't even tease Percy. She just stared to sea with no emotion.

At some point of their journey, they called Chiron—well Annabeth and Percy did. They explained everything to him. An hour later, they spotted land. A long stretch of beach lined with high-rise hotels.

"That's Virginia Beach!" Annabeth said as they approached the shoreline, "Oh my gods, how did the Princess Andromeda travel so far overnight? That's like—"

"Five hundred and thirty nautical miles." Percy stated.

Annabeth stared at him, "How did you know that?"

"I—I'm not sure."

"Percy, what's our position?"

"36 degrees, 44 minutes north, 76 degrees, 2 minutes west." he said almost immediately, then shook his head, "Woah. How did I know that?'

"Because of your dad," Annabeth guessed, "When you're at sea, you have perfect bearings. That is so cool."

Before Percy could reply, Tyson tapped his shoulder, "Other boat is coming."

Y/n turned to find a coat guard vessel on their tail.

"We can't let them catch us." Percy said, "They'll ask too many questions."

"Keep going into Chesapeake Bay," Annabeth told them, "I know a place we can hide."

Annabeth exchanged looks with Y/n. She didn't want to go anywhere that reminded her of Luke, and the place they were heading to was exactly that.

Percy didn't stop or slow down until they entered the mouth of the river.

"There. Past that sandbar."

They veered into a swampy area choked with marsh grass. Vine-covered trees loomed above.

"Come on. It's just down the bank."

"What is it?"

Annabeth said nothing but, "Just follow."

He looked at Y/n as she grabbed her duffel bag, "We'd better cover the boat. We don't want to draw attention." she spoke blandly.

After burying the lifeboat with branches, the boys followed the two demigods who knew where they were going.

"Not a good place," Tyson said as he swatted a mosquito.

"Here." Annabeth finally said. Percy didn't know what he was looking at before Y/n moved aside a woven circle of branches. It was then, did he realize it was a camouflaged shelter.

The walls were woven from plant material. Stacked in the corner was everything; sleeping bags, blankets, an ice chest and a kerosene lamp—even weapons.

Y/n felt her heart crumble. She couldn't take the pain anymore.

"A half-blood hideout." Percy spoke, "You guys made this place?"

"Y/n, Thalia and I," Annabeth whispered, "And Luke."

"So.." Percy started, "You don't think Luke will look for us here?"

The blondie shook her head, "We made a dozen safe houses like this. I doubt Luke even remembers where they are."

"Or cares." Y/n mumbled.