7

❛ nicknames ❜

Y/N COULDN'T SLEEP.

It was night and the four of them decided to camp in the woods, taking necessities from Aunty Em's. Annabeth was cuddled in blankets, snoring softly. Y/n was laying next to her. Percy and Grover were sitting down chatting. Y/n made sure not to move or make any sounds. She didn't want the boys to know she was awake.

The girl couldn't stop thinking about her latest demigod dream. She knew those things always had a meaning behind them—she just doesn't understand.

Why had the bird's wings been ripped? Why could she feel her pain? Why did she drown? Who was the arm that pulled her above the sea?

Who saved her?

She wished life was easier and instead of the Oracle being a poet, it could speak in normal sentences. But of course Apollo had to make it poetic.

Her thoughts were interrupted when Grover spoke, "I don't know. But back at Medusa's  when you were searching her office? Y/n and Annabeth were telling me—"

"Oh, I forgot. Annabeth will have a plan all figured out while Y/n gives me glares and sarcastic remarks, blaming me for everything that goes wrong." Percy scoffed and looked to the sky.

"Don't be so hard on her," The satyr said, "Annabeth too."

"Yeah well at least Annabeth isn't as rude as she is. I mean Athena and Poseidon are rivals but we make it work."

Y/n looked at her shoes. Deep down she regretted her sarcasm and fights with him. She never meant to hurt Percy, but that's who she is. She was her father's daughter—and she hated it.

"Behind all those walls she puts out, she's fun to be around. You couldn't imagine what the girl had to go through at home. She's a good person—they both are. After all, they forgave me, even if Y/n took longer to...." his voice faltered.

Her heart sank as she had flashbacks of the incident. A tear rolled off her cheek and closed her eyes, quietly sniffling.

Thalia.

"What do you mean? Forgave you for what?" Grover suddenly took an interest in playing his pipes.

"Wait a minute," Percy started, "your first keeper job was five years ago. Y/n and Annabeth has five beads. They weren't...I mean, your first assignment that went wrong—"

Don't. Please.

"I can't talk about it." Grover quivered his lower lip, "But as I was saying, back at Medusa's, we agreed there's something strange going on with this quest. Something isn't what it seems."

Thank you Grover. The brunette sighed, looking at the sky above. There weren't much stars, caused by air pollution but she could make out a tiny faint glow.

Y/n decided it was best to try get some sleep. She was scared, but it was better than losing all her energy for the next day.

𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊

Y/N'S NOSE TWITCHED AS SHE SMELLED SOMETHING NICE.

Her eyes slowly starts to open and found Percy, holding out a bag of nacho-flavoured corn chips from Aunty Em's snack bar under her nose.

She yawned and stretched, sitting up as she rubs her eyes, taking the nacho-flavoured chips out of Percy's hand and chomped on it.

The brunette's face turns toward Grover, her head tilting sideways as she saw something fuzzy on his lap, she turns to Percy for explanation but saw he was just as confused as she was.