16

❛ ...or has it? ❜

THE SUMMER SESSION ENDED QUICKLY.

The campers had one last meal together. At the bonfire, the senior counselors awarded the end-of-summer beads which Percy kept showing off to Y/n proudly.

"What was that? Yes, I did get my own leather necklace thank you." Percy would say, shoving his sea-green trident that shimmered in the center.

"Yours is cool, but guess who has more?" Y/n then shoved her necklace full of beards in his face to which Percy would call it unfair.

"The choice was unanimous," Luke announced,'"This bead commemorates the first Son of the Sea God at this camp, and the quest he undertook into the darkest part of the Underworld to stop a war!"

The entire camp got to their feet and cheered. Athena and Aphrodite's cabin pushed Y/n and Annabeth to the front so they could share in applause.

It was the last day of summer before people went back home, including her best friend.

When Annabeth had told Y/n she wrote back to her father replying his letter, the girl felt all kind of happiness for her. They held each other for a few hours crying but Annabeth promised she'll be back next summer.

The brunette decided to go out onto the battlefield where she found Luke fighting dummies.

"Hey Lu," Y/n smiled, "Looks like those dummies won't be hurting anyone soon." She teased.

The boy chuckled and stopped swinging, "You know we always make new ones every summer."

Her eyes went down to his sword, and he takes notice, "Backbiter—new sword."

Y/n nodded, "It's cool—"

She was interrupted by Silena's voice telling her to clean up before inspection comes since the day was ending. The brunette rolled her eyes before saying goodbye to Luke.

"Y/n where have you been? Inspection is soon and you still haven't made your bed from this morning!" Silena ranted.

"Alright! Sorry mom, I'll do it right now."

After cleaning her bed and the stuff around her, the girl went out to find Percy. She looked everywhere but still, she couldn't find him.

"Have you seen Percy?" She asked every camper that passed and with each answer they said no.

She was about to give up before she found Luke talking to Percy in the woods, but something was going on. She decided to follow them deeper.

When she reached their spot, Luke had disappeared and Percy was on the ground.

She ran over to him,"Help!" She yelled, "Someone please! Help!"

The girl held Percy's face in the palms of her hand, "Stay with me Perce. Please."

She hauled him up, putting his whole weight on her shoulders as they stumbled towards camp, "Help! Annabeth! Chiron!"

The nymphs helped the two of them get into camp. Annabeth saw them and gasped calling for Chiron. The centaur immediately blew a conch horn. Before they reached the camp, Percy had already passed out, his weight pulling the daughter of Aphrodite down with him.

The girl was filled with tears as she called for help. Annabeth held her as Chiron carried Percy to the infirmary.

𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊