Chapter 8

In no time they reached the Gill Mansion.

As soon as the mansion came into the view Shehnaaz's heartbeats started rising again.. this is the house where she was born.. this is the house where she spent 10 years of happiness..

Tears pooled in her eyes remembering all her childhood memories..
How she used to run in the entire house to run away from her mother who wanted her to finish her milk..
How she and her brothers used to play for the entire day in the garden
How every evening she used to wait for her papa and chotepapa to return from office and then she used to make them "ghoda" and ride them.
She had a teary smile on her face remembering those memories

But then she remembered "that day".. her smile vanished from her face..
The eyes which had tears till now turned cold.
Her face lost all the emotions and turned blank.
It looked like she was totally another person few seconds ago.

She wiped her face for the remaining tears.. wore her sunglasses and came out of the car.
The door was already opened by the driver who bowed his head down when she came out of the car.

By the time she composed herself and came out all the others were already waiting for her
Vihaan Varun and Rudra were suddenly nervous now.
They had already inform the family that they are coming with a surprise.. but after seeing her cold demeanor they were scared on how the reunion will be.

Seeing Varun, the guards let them in without any questions.. even their luggage was being picked by them.
But Shehnaaz looked at her men and they understood that they will be taking care of her belongings and not anyone else.

Varun felt a pang of hurt when he saw her signaling her men to take care of her stuff.
Did she not trust him that much also?
He kept his emotions aside and rung the bell.

It was opened by his father.. Vikram Gill.

Seeing Varun and his brothers with so many men behing him her frowned.. because they were not their men

Vikram: yeh sab kya ho raha hai Varun?

Varun: ander chaliye papa.. we have a lot to tell you people..

Vikram: hmm chalo anyways everyone is here.. waiting for your "surprise"

Till now Shehnaaz was standing behind Ali.. who was surrounded by their men

She could not see whom Varun was talking but hearing the voice she recognized it in no time
He was her father.. her idol and the one who sent her away.. without listening to her..
She did not know what was she feeling about it.. was she happy or was she not?
She shrugged all her thoughts and kept her poker face intact..
No one needs to know her inner turmoil.

As soon as she stepped in the house the nostalgia hit her like a brick..
She froze on her spot.. she was not able to think straight let alone walk properly.

Ali noticed it and wrapped his arm arong her shoulder and urged her to walk with him.
No matter what he is there to guide her when she is lost.
She gave him a nod and started walking with him.

Soon they reached the living room where the entire Gill family was seated.. including Inder and Kalyani Gill.

Seeing their sons with so many unknown men all the family members stood up facing them.
Shashi was the one to speak first

Shashi: Varun? Beta yeh sab kon hai? And kya hai tumhara "surprise"?

Varun turned around and signed Ali which ment it is time

Slowly Vihaan Varun Rudra and Ali moved aside and Shehnaaz was made visible to the entire family.

Several gasps deep breaths were heard.