Chapter 17

After the encounter in Mr Gill's study no one could meet the eyes of Shehnaaz..
They somewhere had realized that what they did with her in the past was a sin.. and their innocent princess had to bear its consequences.
They had also somewhere realized that they have lost her.. and the day Inder Gill recovers completely she will go back.. go away from them.
Just to stop this from happening Vikram Gill took the step to ask Sidharth to not take her with him.. he did not have the heart to see his princess go away from him.. for the second time..
Even he knew that Sidharth missed the shot on purpose.. but he was even ready to take a bullet if it will ensure that his princess stays with him..

Sometimes we do not understand what Guilt can do to one's mental peace
The guilt of abandoning his daughter was eating Vikram Gill from inside..  15 years he stayed with the guilt.. but somewhere he was convincing himself that she is sent away for a reason.
For 15 years he and the entire Gill family had pressed the thoughts of that event in some corner of their minds.. no one wanted to recall it.
But after Ali's revelations they were forced to re think everything.
And by every thought they were realizing why was Shehnaaz behaving like this.. now they were finally realizing why she did not want to treat them as her family..

Vikram Gill was very disappointed with himself.. he was the Don back then.. he ran the whole Punjab.. and he couldn't think beyond his sister.
He could not even see his daughter and her innocence beyond his sister's tears and pain..
If he respected his sister he loved his daughter.. how could he do that to his babygirl.. he cannot believe himself that he turned that heartless to send his daughter away..
The guilt was consuming him slowly..
He was falling weak.. and his heart only wished that Maya was innocent as well and she had a misunderstanding.. if anymore revelations will happen he was not sure weather his heart will be able to take it.. it will stop.. because he still loves his daughter more then his life.. and will not be able to accept that his daughter does not trust her own family just because her father could not find the truth before giving her the punishment

From the day of Vikram Gill's encounter with Sidharth's gun nothing was normal in the Gill Mansion

No one really spoke to eachother... everyone were in their own zone.. fighting their inner  battle..

No one even had food together.. everyone has it in their own rooms.

And as of for Roma Gill.. she is still the same with everyone.. specially her husband and son.

She goes to her room only for sleeping.. the entire day either she is in the kitchen or in Inder and Kalyani Gill's room.

Vikram Gill not only lost his daughter but his wife as well.
He was more guilty because HE took the decision to send his baby away.. others just obeyed him..

The entire family was not in proper frame to accept anything..

Little did they know.. there was so much more..
------------------------------------
One week passed in this manner..

Everyone was staying in their own room or their own office.
Varun Vihaan and Rudra came home only to sleep.. they started staying in their respective offices for the entire day
They became more cold towards their family.

The fact that  they could not stand up for their baby sister was hurting them.. though the were also very young... but they could have stood up for her.. atleast they could have tried.. so that she could remember them with pride that when the world was agaisnt her.. her brothers were there for her..
So maybe just maybe she would consider them as her family today..
But sadly neither they stood up for her nor she considers them as her family.

Their disappointment was turning into pain and the pain was so unbearable that it was coming out as anger..
They turned more ruthless after that encounter.