Chapter 20

One week later..

It had been a week since the Gills came to the truth of the whereabouts of their daughter of where she was from the past 15 years..

It had impacted them to the extent that they could not even meet eachothers eyes without accusations..
All of them were upset with eachother.. moreover with themselves..

Happiness was slowly leaving the Gills.. and they were not aware of even half the truth..
------------------------------------
Sidharth was sitting in their rooms balcony doing some important work when his phone rang..

Seeing the caller his stoic face broke into a big smile!

On call

Sidharth: ji boliye

But the caller had no chill

Caller: ohoo dekho toh kitna bhola bann raha hai.. ji boliye? Hein? Sharam nahi aati.. 1 toh itne din tak Mumbai se bahar tha fir aate hi seedha Punjab.. 1 baar bhi yaad aai mai?

Sidharth chuckled

Caller: ab dekho hass bhi raha hai!!!!

Sidharth: maate aap pehle shaant ho jaate

Caller: maa nahi behen hu teri!

Sidharth: mere liye 1 hi hai.. ab bataiye aapne subeh subeh mujhe daante call kara ya koi baat hai?

Mahi: daante nahi Shehnaaz ke baare mai puchne call kara maine..
Kaisi hai woh? How is she coping? Woh chudail ne kuch kara toh nahi na wapis?

Sidharth: ohhh Mahi.. shaant hoja.. break lay thoda..
And to your questions... haa woh theek hai.. and kisine kuch nahi kara..

Mahi: and tere hote hue na hi koi kuch kar payega.
Sidharth uss bachi ne choti si umar mai bahut kuch dekha hai.. ab aur uspe 1 aanch bhi naa aaye..

Sidharth's heart fluttered on hearing this.. his sister and his baby shared a very close bond.. she was her elder sister when Shehnaaz's own blood brothers turned her back on her.
Mahi Di was the 1st one with whom Shehnaaz had gotten close when he took the 10 year old Shehnaaz to his place..
And the bond has just gotten stronger with time..
When Mahi Di got married and shifted with her husband Shehnaaz cried more then him or even more the Mahi Di herself.

Sidharth: trust me Di.. I want the same..

Mahi:  please come back soon.. mujhe Shehnaaz ki bahut yaad aa rahi hai

Sidharth: sirf uski? If you remember mai aapka bhai hu?

He said faking hurt

Mahi: tu bhai hai yes.. par she is my 1st child so sorry but no sorry.

She sassed.

Sidharth chuckled and Mahi grinned

Sidharth: sahi hai sahi hai

Mahi: rukk Jay ko baat karni hain tujhse

Saying she passed the phone to her husband and rushed somewhere..

Jay: good morning Sidharth

Sidharth: good morning jeeju.. kaise hai aap?
Mere behen zyada tang toh nahi karti?

Jay: mat poocho.. ab toh aadat si hai mujhko!!

Saying he chuckled and was joined by Sidharth as well.

Jay and Sidharth were business partners.. and that's how he met Mahi..
Sidharth had hosted a success party when they both signed their partnership therefore Mahi had also come to the party..
It was love at 1st sight for Jay..
Still it took him 6 months to court her to agree to go out with him..
After 2 years of dating Jay finally proposed to her and she obviously said yes..
Now they are happily  married for over 2 years..