Chapter 23

As soon as the words hit Sidharth's ears he stood up and was out of the door in a second
Before his mind could process what he heard he was already in his car ushering his driver to leave.

The clueless driver did not know where to go and Sidharth did not seem to notice that.
The very next minute Kushal came and sat next to Sidharth.. much to the drivers rescue

Kushal: Naaz Hospital leke chalo.. fast!

The driver nodded and soon they were on their way to the hospital.

Sidharth's mind was in a mess.

He did not know what to do.. she was in his arms few hours back and now he is on his way to the hospital
How his baby is he has no clue.. first time in his entire existence he was feeling helpless..
She is his reason to live and god forbid if anything happens to her he will not be able to survive.
She is the angel who keeps the devil inside him sane.
But today his angel is in danger and he knew that he will deal with Satan as well if that's needed to bring her back in his arms.
She belongs there and he will burn the entire world if his baby is snatched away from him.

Kushal had called Varun Gill as well.. something was wrong in his territory and he had to be present to make it correct.
There was no way he would let Sidharth or Shehnaaz's name dragged in this mess..
Gills were the family in power and they had to take the responsibility..

He then looked at Sidharth and he could see the Devil inside him re surfacing.
His palms were closed in tight fists.. his knuckles had turned white with the pressure..
His face was cold like ice but his eyes were burning red with rage.
The aura was screaming danger and it scared him.

The entire car drive went in silence.. but it was the silence before the storm.

Within the next 30 mins they reached the hospital and Sidharth did not even wait for the driver to park the car..
As soon as he saw the gate he flew open the car door and ran towards the hospital.

As soon as the news of Shehnaaz reached Kushal he made sure that the hospital in which she is treated is one of those owned by them..
Everyone from the hospital staff knew them therefore there was no chance that Shehnaaz would not be treated by the best.
Kushal knew for sure that her treatment must have already started..
She is their Queen and her life is very precious.

When Sidharth reached her room his heartbeat started increasing..
His steps became slow.. all his heart hoped was that she was safe..

2 guards were already at her door making sure that no one can misuse the current situation.
As soon as they saw Sidharth they bowed down and stepped away from the door.

With shivering hands he opened the door and the sight in front of him made his heart ache.

There on the hospital bed lied his baby.. covered with bruises.
She had a bandage on her forehead.. a busted lip.. few more bruises on her cheeks.
Her fragile hand was connected to the IV.. and he could see some scratches on the hand as well.

She was awake and was speaking to the nurse who was busy in checking her vitals.
But as soon as she saw him entering throught the door the nurse did not matter to her..
As their eyes locked everything else disappeared.

His eyes became soft as soon as they met with her teary ones.
He could bear taking 6 bullets together but not tears in those doe eyes.

Same was with her.. till now she was coping fine but as soon as she saw him she knew that she can now show her true emotions.. hence the waterworks.

As soon as the nurse saw him entering the nurse bowed in respect and left the room giving them privacy.

Shehnaaz kept letting the tears fall freely.. and Sidharth could not see it so he took 2 longs strides and stood in front of her.. and Shehnaaz wasted no time in jumping in his arms.
He wrapped his arms around her.. keeping her secured.. she snuggled more in his warmth..
He sat down on the stool next to her not breaking their hug.
With one hand he kept her close while his other hand started rubbing circles on her back.
He kept kissing her head.
Shehnaaz kept silently crying.. she was strong till now but now that he was here she let all her emotions out.. this was the only place where she can show her real emotions.. in his arms .

When he was sure that she has let out all her emotions he broke the hug and cupped her face.
Cleaning all the remaining tear stains from her cheeks he spoke

Sidharth: ro kyu raha hai mera bacha?

She sniffed once again and spoke

Shehnaaz: mai darr gai thi

She spoke in a small voice.

But this did not sit well with Sidharth.. someone out there is making his baby feel unsafe.. he did not like it.. he was now more determined to kill that person with his bare hands.
Someone had signed their death warrant.. because no one messes with the King's Queen and lives.

Sidharth: aise kaise darr gai thi.. meri strong baby hai na tu?

Shehnaaz looked at him with her big doe eyes and spoke

Shehnaaz: tu nai tha na mere sath..

This melted Sidharth's heart he kissed her forehead

Sidharth: mai hamesha hu tere sath.. tujhe pata hai na..

Shehnaaz nodded her head

Their moment was disturbed by Varun Gill and Kushal entering the room.
Varun Gill had a very uneasy and panicked expression whereas Kushal was all calm and composed.

Varun rushed towards Shehnaaz and hugged her to his dear life.
Shehnaaz was taken a back by the sudden act of affection but did not back away.. she could see the genuine fear on his face and if this could free him from it then be it.

After Varun was assured that she is safe he left her but not before giving a kiss on her head.

Sidharth looked at Kushal and spoke

Sidharth: Ali?

Kushal: theek hai woh bhi.. unconcious hai but nothing to worry

Shehnaaz looked at him and asked in a panicked voice

Shehnaaz: aur Heera?

Kushal's expressions changed from calm to sad

Kushal: she took the major blow.. deep injuries hai.. ICU mai hai

Shehnaaz teared up once again..  she was sure that the set up was to hurt her.. Heera took it for her.. she felt responsible for her state..

Sidharth saw her expressions change and was quick to engulf her in his embrace

He then looked at Kushal and spoke

Sidharth: I want the best for her.. make sure she is fine.

He then brought her out of his embrace and spoke

Sidharth: ssshh baby.. kuch nahi hoga usse.. hum best arrange karenge uske liye.. okay? She will be back to normal real soon.. okay? Tum shant ho jaao..

Shehnaaz: she took it for me Sidharth... she took it for me.

She kept repeating it.. Sidharth cupped her face with his palms and made her look into his eyes and then asked.

Sidharth: waha kya hua tha Naaz?
------------------------------------
I know I know it took very long for this update..
But genuinely I am so piled up ke weekend toh detox mai nikal jata hai aur pata bhi nahi chalta..
In this chapter only I wanted the entire flashback for you but fir aur din lag jaate and mujhe aur wait nahi karana tha..
Sooooorrreeeeeyyyyy...