¤ Prologue ¤

¤ 3rd Point Of View ¤

This was the beginning...the beginning of (Y/n) and Sukuna's love story and practically the begining of (Y/n)'s life. As cliche as it sounded, (Y/n) didn't really know how it felt to live until she met Sukuna. The princess may have worn a smile every day of her life yet it wasn't until she met Sukuna that her smile actually felt real.

Her whole life philosophy was that if she wore a smile, happiness would find her. She thought that she would never truly feel happy unless she desperately tried to be. She wasn't wrong though. Her philosophy was suprisingly correct. It was only that in reality, happiness had a name...and it was Ryomen Sukuna.

Ryomen Sukuna was a mere human when he met (Y/n), born from the evil and hatred of the world which in turn forced him to act this way which was purely out of nature. Being angry and being vile was the only way he knew how to live, killing people for fun and toying with lives that had no meaning to him. It was all just his means of entertainment.

The four eyed man had no experience of love or even friendship. So one would understand why Sukuna was so frustrated when a certain princess pranced into his life one day and refused to leave. This princess also had little to no experience of love or friendship, yet unlike Sukuna- she was more than willing to give it a go.

She spent days, weeks- months slowly bonding more and more with the man that others reffered to as a demon, with blind hope and trust that one day he would warm up to her and finally come out of his dark corner and into her light. Needless to say that one day, he did. But definitely not without difficulty.

Sukuna was not an easy man to please- nor an easy man to get close with. He honestly didn't want or need someone beside him who's job wasn't a form of entertainment. So he done as much as he could to force this wreckless princess to leave him alone. He tried everything- from squeezing the air out of her already dying lungs to telling her the most foul things one could say to a person.

But none of those worked. (Y/n) still came back to him every night with that same soft smile on her face, sitting beside him as if they were already friends. Sukuna was a determined man, so he played this game of drop the fly as long as he could. But eventually it was realised that his determination was not as strong as (Y/n)'s resolve.

So finally he gave in, letting this one princess completely shake up his life and change him almost completely as she pulled him into her light. Though he hadn't really stepped into the light, more like met the girl half way- both of them dancing between the shadows and the light. They were both content this way, even though it was clear that the two of the were still opposites.

Their love transformed from a faint flicker of colour to magical fireworks within two short years and something even more magical after those two years. They both sacrificed alot for eachother, both knowingly in the past and unknowingly in the future. They had no idea about the sacrifices that they would make that were to come.

But their love was worth it and as (Y/n) liked to tell Sukuna,

"Our love is all I'll ever need...and I'm okay with that."

(A.N ~ Idk why I enjoy writing prologues so much. What did you think? Comment & vote! Love you!)

Chapter 1 Quote Teaser :

"You know you must kill her...it's what your father would have done."