Leave ~ Ch15

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

"You are a leach." Sukuna sneered, his anger rising again after a good half an hour of me in his presence. We somehow spent that whole time in what seemed to me like a comfortable silence- but during that time, it seems as if Sukuna's mood went from stoic to foul as he realised that I still had no intentions to leave him alone. I couldn't help it, if the castle had yet to realise that I was gone- then there was no reason for me to return.

"Ah- I've read about leaches. They consume blood after attaching themsel- oh wow, that's a good analogy." I cut myself off instantly, realising what he truly meant when he called me a leach. Though his words were harsh, I could only focus on the amazing comparison- brushing off the hurtful words as if they meant nothing to me. Sukuna scoffed at my words, hating that I wasn't affected by them just as so many others in this world would be.

I chuckled at his frustrated reaction, looking down at my last mooncake which I had been fiddling about with for the last few minutes.
"My father hasn't figure out that I've snuck out yet, so I'll be here untill the guards call our my name as they begin their search." I told him, my eyes flickering back to the castle which still stood silently- no commotion having been raised just yet on my dissapearance. And I had a feeling my father would not take this lightly.

"Aw, did the princess not get enough playtime?" Sukuna sneered, making fun of the fact that I always seemed so desperate to be outside- sometimes I forget that he doesn't truly know why I sneak out in the first place. To him, I must just be an annoying rebellious princess. I chuckled in amusement at his words, him not realising how right he was.

"No, actually. I'm far from satisfied. Just over a week of seeing the outside world will never equal the amount of years that I've spent in that castle." I chuckled out, a small smile on my face as I noticed Sukuna's head slightly turn to me. I've just peaked his curiosity- but he would never admit that. The man turned his head back to the view almost instantly, not realising that his interest has already been caught by me.

Lifting my hand slowly, I pointed over towards the castle beside us- it almost being a blur from how far we were from it, the hill being quite large after all. But even so, you could clearly see the light from the candles in the rooms that were still awake- along with the giant stone walls that surrrounded the castle, protecting it from intruders. It looked beautiful from out here, but more like a prison from in there.

"You see in there? In there, I can have almost anything I want. But if what I want is to leave? Then that would be a terrible misconduct." I mused, my eyes becoming glossy as I spoke- not that Sukuna realised or cared. Sukuna stayed silent for a few minutes, indeed following my instructions and looking over at the castle. But his silence didn't last long after he finally willed himself to to turn his head away from the castle.

"I didn't ask to hear your life story. I don't care." He huffed out, making me smile in response. I had a feeling he would reply with something along those lines.
"Even so, it was still nice to say out loud." I admitted, bring the last mooncake to my lips as I took a bite.
"This might be weird to say- but your blunt words are refreshing. I've never met someone who didn't work for me or my family. I've never met anybody so willing to hurt my feelings." I told him with an amused chuckle.

That's when Sukuna turned to me, an glowing evil glint in his eye along with a wicked smirk on his lips.
"And did I? Hurt your feelings?" Sukuna suddenly asked, his grin showing that he really assumed that he believed that he already knew the answer to his question. I giggled at his sudden burst of enthusiasm and pride before shaking my head denial.

"Not yet, no." I told him softly, my smile still sitting gently at my lips. It was true, he bad yet to hurt me feelings- but I'm sure he would achieve that goal eventually. I wasn't invincible, after all. Sukuna's grin instantly faded at my words, turning his head back to the view infront of him with a loud scoff.
"So what? The little princess has no friends? That's why you continue to bother me?" Sukuna hissed, his guess actually being pretty accurate which only made me chuckle again.

"I guess so. Quite pathetic, is it not?" I asked rhetorically, a sad small splastered on my face as I thought over my friends. My only friends included a man who wants nothing more than to see me dead and a six year old orphan. My friend list was so short- so it was a shame that I had to let one go. Of course, there was Toru too. But he was more like a brother to me. Plus, he worked for both me and my father- he gets paid to protect me. So I guess that's different.

Sukuna didn't respond to me, probably still trying to decide what to say. I then looked over towards Sukuna, a small frown of my lips as I thought about something that had been on my mind since yesterday- something that I had to tell him, warn him about. The sole reason why I took the chance to come here tonight. This talk about my lack of friends on made me dread this conversation more.

"You should leave this part of Japan." I mumbled suddenly, my voice quietand ashamed yet I knew he could still hear me. The man turned to me in confusion, knowing that this request was quite unlike me to say. But it was a selfless request, one that benefited him rather than me. One in which ensured his safety- because here, while my father is back? His safety would always be in question.

"I don't want you to go- you're my only friend, after all. But what you enjoy is killing- and you can't do that here anymore. If you continue, then my father will keep sending jujutsu sorcerers after you untill he dosen't feel threatened anymore." I ranted, my smile nowhere to be seen as I spilled what has been on my mind since yesterday's meeting.
"Look at you, you're exhausted. And I know that for a fact because if you weren't, you would have left hours ago." I told him, catching him out with the truth.

"There are still two dozen sorcerers out there that he will not hesitate to send after you if you continue having your fun." I continued, my eyes downcasted as he stared down at me.
"My father said that he wouldn't pay much attention to you if you were in another part of Japan. So that's where you need to be." My words were confident yet wavering because this wasn't what I truly wanted but this was what he neededm

"I don't want you to leave...I still have a thousand things I'd like to tell you and hundereds more that I'd like to hear from you one day. But as long as you keep killing here, my father won't let you live in peace. So maybe you should continue your journey elsewhere, okay?" I asked, my voice breaking as I asked him for this one favour.

How ironic was it that when I finally made a friend- I had to let him go?

Sukuna let out a loud scoff at my words, seeming offended that I tried to tell him what to do. Then man turned his head towards me with a bitter look, his eyes red and angry at my suggestion- not caring that I genuinely looked sad.
"I'll do whatever the hell I want, woman." He replied lowly, glaring at me just one more time before letting fire encircle him as he finally warped away and left me alone at the top of the hill.

I wasn't sure what it was- maybe the tone of his voice or maybe the look in his eyes. But something told me that everything would work out eventually- whether he listened to my advice or not. But that wasn't the only thing on my mind.

For just how long now has he been able to warp away?

(A.N ~ I hope you like it!)

Chapter 16 Quote Teaser :

"Bloody hell, woman! You've been on my mind all damned week and when I finally decide to end your pathetic life, you're midway of doing it yourself!?"