Spite ~ Ch16

¤ 3rd Point Of View ¤

Two weeks.

It's been two weeks since (Y/n) has seen Sukuna- two weeks since their last meeting in which she advised him to move his 'means of entertainment' to another part of Japan. Now- little to (Y/n)'s knowledge, Sukuna did not ever plan to follow (Y/n)'s advice- because just who did she think she was to try and order him about like that. But from (Y/n)'s perspective, it seemed as if Sukuna had listened to her.

For two weeks straight, Sukuna hadn't been sighted- no nearby killings had been reported. The only reports of killings that matched Sukuna's style were all from villages over three hours away. Little did they know that these killings were by Sukuna's supporters and not Sukuna himself. This led not only the Emperor and his advisors to believe that Sukuna had successfully been frightened away- but (Y/n) as well.

The princess was quite sad when she was told that Sukuna had left- in denial, having thought that maybe Sukuna secretly enjoyed her company enough to stay. But in the end, she knew that this was what was best for him. But despite knowing this, she couldn't help but visit the hill everyday for about a week straight- thinking that this would be the time Sukuna shows up with fire encircling his form. But he never did.

Luckily, the news of her late night escapes had not yet reached her father- despite him being back in the castle. When the princess snuck out, she done it during the night when he was surely to be asleep- coming back to the castle gate to where Toru was stationed a few hours later with her head low and a dissapointed look in her eyes. Toru scolded her quietly while taking her back to her room every night. He was probably the only person who was relieved when she finally stopped sneaking out on the 8th night.

Sukuna on the other hand was not doing much better than (Y/n) was- though instead of being saddened, he was going crazy. He told himself that that night with the princess would be the last night he would ever go back- not because she told him not to, of course- but because she was indeed a leach just as he told her that specific night. But his intentions to cut off all contact with the princess, wasn't exactly going as planned.

Everywhere he looked, she was there. Her idiotic smile spread across the faces of people sighted in the distance- meant to be his victims. But the moment her face flashed across his mind, he was put off and ended up dissapearing into the shadows- not a soul realising that he had ever been there. Sukuna was constantly on edge, hearing (Y/n)'s voice at times when it was the quietest.

Nothing could distract him- not sex nor killing. He just was never in the mood anymore- and the more this one princess managed to ruin Sukuna's passion for doing the things he loved, the angrier he had gotten. Two weeks filled with rage and fury. It was on the 10th day that he had decided to go back to the hill, determined to end his misery and just simply kill the princess- no matter the lack of fear in her eyes nor the hint of sadness that he always saw within her. He would kill her- out of sight, out of mind. Right?

But of course, the princess had given up on leaving the castle on the 8th day and had in fact begun feeling ill on the 10th. Though this illness was not one that could easily be spotted by outsiders- it was a sickness that effected the princess's energy. She didn't know what it was- only knowing that it was attacking every fibre of her body. It made her head feel light and her feet heavy- so much so that everytime she stood, she felt like the world was swaying.

She didn't tell anyone about this however, not even Toru. Why? Because she simply believed that her time to die had finally come- that this was all connected to her heart condition. If this was truly her death- she wanted to be peaceful, doing the things that she usually did- not laying on a infirmary bed, waiting for death to take her. So she took it day by day, feeling more and more ghostly after every morning that she awoke from her deep slumber.