Born to die ~ Ch18

¤ 3rd Point Of View ¤

It took little over a week for princess (Y/n) to fully recover from the venom of the kutabana spider. A week in which she spent mostly laying in her infirmary bed, missing Sukuna. She wasn't sure what she remembered the day she was found unconcious infront of the palace gates, only remembering a single word uttered from the lips of a man that was suspected to be on the other side of Japan.

However, the more she thought about it, the more she thought that he really was here- so close to her yet so far. Sukuna was the only plausible explanation as to how she magically went from the top of her usual hill to the front gates. And even if part of her knew that it would be better if Sukuna wasn't here so that he was safer, she wanted to be selfish- hoping that he was indeed out there, just waiting for her to climb that hill again.

So when the princess was better and no longer feeling the effects of both the spider's venom and it's antidote, she climbed the hill again- their hill. Luckily for her, by the time she got to the top, she didn't cough out any blood. So (Y/n) deemed today a good day, she could already tell. However, just because she hadn't coughed up any bood- that didn't mean that she wasn't in pain when the princess reached the top of the hill.

The girl kneeled on the grass for only a few moments as she tried to catch her breath, a hand clutched over her heart as she tried to soothe the pain away. But it seemed all she had to do to chase the pain away was look up because the moment she did, a wide grin graced her face and the pain no longer bothered her. The he was, the man who had been on her mind for almost three weeks straight- sitting cross-legged at the peak of the hill with his back turned towards her.

Little did she know that that said man had been returning to 'their' hill every day. He spent hours on that hill, staring out into the void- waiting. Sukuna had never been a patient man, but with this determination and excitement of finally allowing himself to kill Princess (Y/n)- he didn't mind being patient for once. Currently, he was deep in thought- thinking about things that (Y/n) knew that she could never get out of him but even so...that didn't stop her from one day trying.

"Sukuna! You're here! You're actually here!" The girl exclaimed brightly, forcing herself to stand to her feet as she absent-mindedly walk a few steps closer to Sukuna. Sukuna's head snapped towards (Y/n), him instantly snapping out of his daze the moment he heard her wretched voice. A malicious grin spread across his face as he warped right infront of the girl, excitement taking over every fibre of his soul as he launched for the princess's neck.

Now was the time, the time to kill her. He hadn't done so before because he refused to kill someone who didn't cry and scream out of fear- someone who stared at death in the face with a smile. But that didn't matter anymore, he needed to kill her now. That was the only way to get her off of his mind, after all. The moment the life faded out of her bright beaming eyes, he could return to his normal life. Little did he know that his life would never return to the way it used to be now that princess (Y/n) had entered it. Right now- he was just at the beginning of his stages of denial.

"Domain expansion : Malevolent Shrine." Sukuna uttered with a chesire grin, easily slamming the princess into a red pillar of the shrine that stood at the centre of his domain expansion. He held the princess high, his hand squeezing against her neck with a grin- certain that this would be the day he killed her. However, the princess seemed unaware of what was going on around her- unaware that she was in a whole differently domain- her eyes soley focused on Sukuna so deeply that she couldn't see anything else.

(Y/n) was unaware of how the sky bubbled up into dark crimson red, the blue sky she once knew being no more. She was unaware of the way the floor rippled beneath them, showing the two their own reflection rather than the green grass that they once stood on. And most importantly, the princess was unaware of the shrine that her back laid again- simply thinking it was another tree. She remembered how much Sukuna loved throwing her again those.