Confidant ~ Ch45

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

Taverns are loud, a single fact that I learned today. After spending at least two hours running around the festival, taking in everything it had to offer. I wanted to sit down and enjoy a cup of hot brewed tea. However, every tavern that I had dragged Sukuna too was filled with cheering people, too loud for me to concentrate. I felt overwhelmed, so I kept changing taverns untill I found one applicable, forcing Sukuna along for the trips.

It wasn't untill three taverns later that Sukuna had enough and simply overwhelmed everyone on the second floor of a tavern with his cursed energy, threatening them to leave or die. So the second floor thus became empty with only me and Sukuna as well as tye pub owner who took our orders. Sukuna ordered a strong liquor that I didn't know the name of, while I ordered a tea. Understandably, the tavern didn't actually sell tea but with a quick glare from Sukuna, they seemed to change their minds.

Now, we sat at the balcony, the whole of the second floor still empty as those downstairs were told that the scary man upstairs abhorred any noise. Sukuna sat comfortably, leaned back against a wooden chair while watching me with hooded eyes as I went through all the things that I had bought today with Toru's money. I bought things ranging from treats that the castle would never allow me to eat to the most beautiful accessories that I probably wouldn't be able to wear anywhere.

"I don't know how I'm going to face Toru with all of this in my arms." I giggled, twirling my new silk scarf around my neck happily. Sukuna gritted his teeth at the meere mention of Toru, hand clenching of the arm of his chair.
"Gojo Toru..." Sukuna mumbled to himself, probably cursing the man's name in his head. I wondered why he hated him so much, was it mere jealousy or the fact that I talked about him so much.

"Is something wrong?" I asked him, sliding off my scarf and facing Sukuna with a tilted head.
"Nothing." Sukuna grumbled out, clearly seeming aggitated about something.
"You're curious about my friendship with Toru, right?" I accused, by now knowing all of Sukuna's tells, his crossed arms were the biggest give away.

Sukuna said nothing, staying silent yet keeping eye contact with me. So I took that as silent hint for me to continue.
"I get it. Not every princess is this close with her bodyguard." I nodded understandingly, my thoughts now being clouded with Toru. Sukuna's brows furrowed, seeming to have heard something that he never knew before.

"He's your bodyguard? I thought he was just the headguard?" Sukuna asked, his eyes squinting at me as he waited for a response, unsure with how to feel.
"Mhm. He's both. My father has given Toru alot of responsibility." I explained, looking down towards the streets of the village that had children running through it with a few screams. I smiled as I watched them play, wondering how I've never told Sukuna the story of Gojo Toru.

"He showed up at the castle gates when I was four, he was eight. He was bloody and bruised. It was suspicious...But he was a Gojo, so my father let him in." I explained, starting at the very beginning. Sukuna sat silently, listening in a way that didn't make him look to intrigued depsite the fact that he really was.
"Toru and I became close rather quickly, so my father trained him to become my personal bodygaurd." I continued, taking a sip of my tea which was lukewarm after all this time.

"Eventaully, my father offered Toru a deal once he sensed that Toru had feelings for me." I started, my eyes flickering to Sukuna, noticing that he was beginning to get more on edge.
"The deal was that Toru work for the royal family, try his best to work his way to the top and become headguard. In return, he would be granted my hand in marriage when we were of age." I mumbled, watching as Sukuna's nails clenched into his palm angrily.

"Don't worry." I giggled, putting a hand over Sukuna's hands comfortingly.
"The deal was nothing but a lie. My father hadn't expected me to live long enough for him to hold up his end of the deal. And even with me being alive now, my mother refused the marriage with the idea that Toru's heartache would worsen if I were to die his wife." I expained, watching as Sukuna began to untense at my words.

"Toru has stayed protecting me despite the deception. He's always been my closest confidant." I smiled sadly, guilt creeping up inside of me as I thought more about Toru's unfortunate life. His life could have been so much better since he was a Gojo, but he stayed to be treated at a mere helper because of me. After my story, Sukuna took a large gulp of his his drink, snapping me out of my guilty haze.

"Hey, Sukuna...Can I have a sip?" I asked him softly, my begging doe eyes staring up at him pleadingly. Sukuna scoffed at my question, isntantly denying me.
"No." He replied simply, making me pout.
"What? Why? I'm old enough!" I defended, schooching my chair closer to him with a pouty face that I tried my hardest to put on.

"No." He repeated, bordely taking another gulp of his drink, now only half left. I frowned, crossing my arms childishly as I leaned in closer.
"Sukuna!" I whined, trying to annoy him enough to let me. But before I knew whatbwas going on, he gulped down the rest of his drink until there wasn't a gulp left inside. I gasped at his actions, watching him smirk proudly as if he had accomplished something.

"Hey!" I whined, nudging his arms pathetically, watching as be didn't budge.
"All gone." He replied teasingly with a smirk, holding his hands up in defense which coaked a quiet chuckle from me. I deflated in defeat, leaning back against my chair with a sigh. Maybe next time.
"Did you have a closest confidant, Sukuna?" I asked him suddenly, wanting to know if there was every a person to him that was similar to how Toru is to me. Now that he was in a better mood, he just might tell me.

"No...just you." He replied, looking away towards the view. I smiled down to myself before comfortingly leaninging on his shoulder. He didn't move, letting me lean against him as he was aware that I was happy that he admitted that to me. Maybe one day he would tell me more about his past, beyond the killing and torture. There was more to him.

It wasn't long before loud drums flooded our eardrums and I had been practically forced to stand up and look over the edge of the balcony by my curiousity. My eyes laid upon dancing men and women, all wearing costumes that made them look like the two lovers that are allowed to be with one another on this one day. There was confetti and children laughing, a sight that made my heart warm and a grin spread across my features.

I gasped, practically hanging myself over the edge of the wooden fences to get a better look, pointing at the costumes of every individual.
"Sukuna, look! Their costumes are magnificent!" I exclaimed in awe, giggling as I watched them dance. I tried to copy some of their dance moves, watching Sukuna give me a judgemental look from where he sat with a brow raised.

But I didn't care. I just giggled and continued to dance, not caring about how idiotic I must look. But it wasn't long befoe I was reminded about life- or my lack thereof as my heart suddenly felt tight. I crumbled to my knees with a loud gasp at the pain, a hand clutching my chest as I held onto the banister for support. Sukuna had quickly warped beside me in that same moment, kneeling right next to me.

I felt embarrassed looking towards Sukuna, shaking my head as I attempted to stand up to my feet, ignoring the sharp pulses through my chest.
"Sorry about that. I'm fine, really." I tried to convince him, stumbling as I got to my feet. Sukuna rose with me, his eyes trained on mine to access me.
"Are you in pain?" He asked me, ignoring my previous statement.

"No." I replied casually, shaking my head. Sukuna rolled his eyes before grabbing both my cheeks with his hands, smooshing them together and forcing me to stare up at him.
"Don't lie to me." He warned, somehow knowing already that I was lying.
"Yes." I mumbled out quitely, feeling both embarrassed and dissapointed in myself for feeling this pain now.

Sukuna sighed at my behaviour, wathcing as one of my hands traced circles into my chest hoping to soothe the pain.I had clearly triggered it after all of today's excitement. I should have been more careful. I was a fool.
"We're going home now." He ordered, grabbing all my trinkets and souvenirs in two of his arms before putting a hand over my eyes and warping me away.

I could barely feel the ground leaving it's place under my feet, the only thing I could focus on was the fact he called it 'home'.

(A.N ~ Hope you enjoyed! Fluff arc will be coming to an end shortly and Angst arc will begin 0-o.)

Chapter 46 Quote Teaser :

"Anyway, I made some potatoes. Come eat with me!"