Desolation ~ Ch6

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

It was the next day, a particularly warm day compared to some others of this week. As promised, Toru did in fact lecture me this morning the moment I had finished my breakfast. His lecture consisted mainly on the dangers of the world outside, especially for a royal like myself who not only was alone but has a fatal ilness running through my viens. It was clear to me that the man had never felt so panicked before yesterday, the hour long lecture confirmed that for me.

There were far more points included in Toru's lecture, but honestly...I wasn't really paying attention. I had gotten distracted about half way through- staringout through my chamber's open shutters with only one thought on my mind. How should I try to sneak out tonight? It was a question that I had been wondering since the moment I arrived back at the castle yesterday, knowing that one night out would not satisfy my sudden lust for adventure.

After an hour had past, Toru was finally through with his lecture. He managed make a promise to me not to tell my father about the stunt I pulled- and also about the man who harmed me last night...The man who had been on my mind since I met him, fueling this sudden lust for adventure. He hated me, I knew that. But for some reason, I felt like he was the only one in the world that could offer me the adventure I was looking for. Maybe it was fate? I was always an avid fan of silly folktales about fate and destiny- it was laughable really.

Toru had mentioned during his lecture that security would be much tighter around the perimiter of the castle at night, just to prevent me from escaping in the future in case I decided to pull the same stunt again. Though the amount of guards had increased, they all still had no idea how I escaped. The halls were guarded yesterday night and the thought of a princess jumping out of her open shuttered window was too proposterous to even consider.

So after failing to get the information of how I escaped from me last night, Toru stationed a guard at every possible exit- not even considering the windows nor the large oak tree that aided my escape. Though Toru spent the day making it as hard as possible for me to escape again, the route I took yesterday and would probably continue to take untill caught was still in the clear. Though I still wasn't so keen on jumping out of tree- I still had the scrapes on my knees from yesterday.

I decided to make tonight's escape at dawn, right as the sun was going down. I had a feeling that Toru would be checking up on me quite a bit tonight, so I left earlier than I had yesterday. It was still golden hour as Hinamori liked to call it, the sky was a loverly firey red and the clouds a warm pink. Unlike how it was during the morning, it was far colder now. I would have liked to put on something warmer before leaving, but since I was to never leave the warmth of the castle- I had no thermal wear.

So I departed without it, managing to climb over my open shutters with my golden kimono just as I had done yesterday. I repeated all the same motions I had done the night before, climbing onto the tree beside my chambers before letting myself fall to the grass beneath it which let me land outside the palace walls. It was a messier fall than yesterday, having to rush this time as any guard would be able to make out my golden figure in broad daylight.

When I landed, I took a break for a few minutes- leaning my back against the oak tree while coughing out aggressively. I muffled my coughs with my arm, not wanting anyone to hear me but this just made me struggle even more to breathe. My lungs felt as if they were on fire and my heart throbbing out of control. This was all distracting me to the point that I couldn't even feel the new forming bruises on my knees after falling so far.

I gave myself some time to catch my breath before using the trees to push myself up to my feet. I looked around slightly, my eyes flickering to the path I took yesterday which was blocked by two guards who stood on the main road. From the moment I saw them from my window, I knew already that I wouldn't be able to go to the village today either. It saddened me to think about, the village being the place I had actually been attempting to get to yesterday before getting distracted by a certain four eyed pinkette.