Tanabata Festival ~ Ch44

¤ 3rd Point Of View ¤

It took (Y/n) almost half an hour to walk the supposed 10 minute walk to the west village where the Tanabata festival was taking place this year. She had to take breaks a few minutes at a time, knowing that if she pushed herself any further then she would soak her new silver and lilac kimono that had sewn herself in blood. But she knew that that exhausting trip was worth it the moment she saw Sukuna begrudgingly standing at the gates of the village.

"Sukuna! You came!" The young princess exclaimed, tiredly running up to the man she felt so at peace with. Sukuna was dressed in his usual plain white kimono and dark grey wool scarf. By the look on his face, anyone could tell that this man clearly did not want to be here. But (Y/n) chose to ignore the scowl on his face and his agitated body posture because she knew that if he really didn't want to be here, then he simply would have not shown up.

"Well, what did you expect? Leave you to come here alone so you can have a heart attack and die from excitement?" Sukuna mocked with a small huff. His sarcastic comment however was not said light-heartedly. Sukuna was known to be blunt, not caring if his words were hash or insensitive. Besides, the princess knew that in some way that the situation he mentioned could have definitely happened. The nameless heart disease she had did not have no boundries on ways that she could die.

"Well, I'm glad you came." The girl thanked, smiling up at him with her never-fading smile that he only once admitted to not finding 'completely useless'. The girl clutched Sukuna's kimono between her slim fingers, holding on to him for some sort of familliar contact as storms of people rushed past her on this fetival night.

"But Sukuna, won't you get recognised?" She asked him, suddenly remembering that Sukuna was a wanted criminal. His four arms didn't exactly do him any justice on blending in with the crowd. (Y/n) had no idea that Sukuna had perfected a certain illusion jujutsu just a few hours ago to be here with her.
"I used an illusion jujutsu." Sukuna told her simply, looking around and scowling at all the people that walked past him.

The princess looked up at him with pure awe before looking down at his 4 arms with confusion, wondering why she could still see his true form if he had used such a jujutsu on himself. Before she opened her mouth to comment on the matter, Sukuna cut her off.
"Only you can see my true form." Sukuna muttered, making her nod and yet again become impressed by his power.

"Well, come on then! Let's go inside!" (Y/n) exclaimed excitedly tugging on Sukuna's kimono sleeve, pulling him long with her through the gates of the village. The moment she went through, she couldn't help but freeze in pure fascination. She looked up at all the decorations with a soft smile, looking around at all the people beside her with their families enjoying their night.

"I still can't believe that I am actually at the Tanabata festival. I've only read about it in scrolls and when Sero-Kun said that they'd be hosting it so close to home, I knew we had to come. But it's so much more beautiful than I ever imagined." (Y/n) muttered out in pure awe as her eyes danced over the decorated bamboo fences and the lanterns hovering above her head. It was all just so surreal for her.

Sukuna on the other hand, did not care one bit for the oh so famous Tanabata festival. After all, he's been quite a few times and all of them in which ended with some of his most memorable massacres. This year would be the first time he has gone to to such a crowded place without the intention to kill everyone. This year, the man actually didn't mind walking around and watching the princess enjoy herself. Though, it was just so unlike him.

"Do you know the meaning behind this festival, Sukuna?" (Y/n) asked him as she pulled him through the crowd and into the market, breaking the pinkette out of his trance and snapping him back to reality. Once he registered the question, he sighed inwardly. He really didn't comprehend why (Y/n) cared so much about the meanings behind things and tales that probably aren't true at all. She read way too much for his liking.