Envy ~ Ch19

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

"Today's a beautiful day, is it not? The clouds are grey but the sun still looks so incredible." I told the man next to me, knowing that he had felt frustrated ever since he sat down- frustrated that he couldn't bring himself to kill me. And after a while, I think I know why. Sukuna has been sitting in silence for at least half an hour now, not saying a single word as I blabbered on about random things that I'm sure he couldn't care less about. But anything was better than silence, I knew that all too well.

"You could have killed me today, you know? Today's a beautiful day to die." I told him softly, a teasing smile on my lips as I looked over at him- understanding that by his silence that he had no further plans to kill me today.
"Shut up. I don't put people out of their misery, I add to it." He huffed out, not even sparing me a single glance as I chuckled. His words were just so like him to say- yet there was a hidden meaning behind it. One in which I didn't fully comprehend. Maybe our sad talk about suicide put him off of today's killing attempt. Or maybe Sukuna unconciously realised that being annoyed by me was better than being alone.

"Ah, I see. Perhaps tomorrow then." I teased with a soft smile, ignoring Sukuna's glare as I allowed my self to fall back against the grass. My hair sprawled out around me, the grass tickling my exposed skin as I stared up into the clouds. Sukuna's eyes flickered over to me for just a second before looking away, unamused by my sigh of content as I silently thought about all of the shapes that the clouds could be.

I felt comfortable against the grass, spending who knows how long just staring up at the sky while Sukuna stared out at the nearby village. A small peaceful smile made it's way across my face, noticing that even Sukuna seemed like he was at peace- maybe it's because I was no longer talking. No wonder he loved this hill so much, he didn't have to tell me why for me to understand now.

It wasn't long before my eyes closed, enjoying the coolness of the breeze for only a moment. And it was during that moment that I felt a soft and gentle prod against my forehead. I gasped as I sat up, my eyes launching open as I clutched my chest in suprise. I turned around quickly to face the thing that had given me such a weird sensation on my skin only to gasp in suprise as I came face to face with a fluffy long eared animal. Even Sukuna turned to see what the fuss was about, my sudden noise ruining his tranquil moments.

A smile made it's way to my face as I swivelled around on the grass, now sitting on my knees facing the small creature. The pure white furred animal looked at me with innocent doe eyes, standing on two of it's feet as it tried to get a better look at me with it's nose twitching uncontrollably and ears proudly stood up tall.
"Hello there! And what animal might you be?" I asked gently, staring at the thing with a never-faltering smile as I wondered what the name of this animal was.

I have not seen much animals in my life time, only the birds that sometimes sat on my open shutters as well as the horses in my courtyard that I could see vaguely from the window of the infirmary. Other than that, I have only seen drawings of animals in scrolls- or glimpses as they passed by the distant trees. However there were quite a few animals that looked like this one so I could only wonder which this on was. I only wished that it could speak up to tell me its name.

Beside me, Sukuna raised an eyebrow at my words- still staring at both me and the small creature infront of me.
"You don't know what a rabbit is? How brainless are you?" Sukuna scoffed, confusion laced within his tone. I gasped at his words, looking back to the rabbit with an even brighter smile- letting Sukuna's last question completely slide past me.

"A rabbit, you say? I've read about rabbits before." I replied happily, staring back at the rabbit with glee- ignoring Sukuna's clear bafflement beside me. Hesitantly, I lifted my hand to touch the innocent creature only to watch it back away wearily at the sight of my approaching hand. My lips parted in concentration as I tried again, going slower and allowing the thing to sniff me before I touched it. After a minute of pure effort, the rabbit let me touch it.