Home ~ Ch21

¤ 3rd Point Of View ¤

"Achoo!"

It was late afternoon the next day when (Y/n) decided to sneak out of the palace again. It was needless to say that Sukuna could hear her trail of sniffles and sneezes miles before she even made it to the top of the hill. Just as Toru had feared, the princess had caught a cold from her time spent in the rain yesterday. She was given lemon tea to help ease her migrane this morning. And despite how ill she felt, the girl could only worry about whether Sukuna was sick too.

"Ah, Sukuna! You're here agai- achoo!" The princess cut herself off as she tiredly fell onto her knees beside Sukuna's cross-legged form, sneezing a few times with her eyes scrunched closed. She honestly barely could feel the pinching pain in her heart, mostly focused on the fact her head felt like it could roll off her shoulders anytime- her sinuses aching beyond relief. Sukuna could only watch the princess in pure disgust, his eyes scrutinising her eyes movement as she sneezed.

"Oh, don't mind me. I just have a cold. My doctor says that it's due to yesterday's rain. I had no idea that rain could bring illness. Though- you seem fine." The princess mumbled tiredly between sniffles, looking up at Sukuna just to realise that he looked as angry and frustrated as he usually did.
"I'm not weak like you." Sukuna sneered, turning his face to look back out at the view.

"Ah, that's true. Lucky you." (Y/n) mused, genuinely feeling thankful that Sukuna was not ill as she had feared since yesterday. She couldn't help but notice the way Sukuna had yet to strangle her today, usually having tried to kill her within the first few seconds of her arrival. But today he hadn't and it almost seemed as if Sukuna wasn't even planning to- for today at least.

"Will you be killing me today?" (Y/n) asked Sukuna with a gentle smile, her tired eyes focused solely on Sukuna. Her question ignited an angry flame within Sukuna, reminding him about all the thoughts he was stuck thinking about after he had left the princess yesterday. He wanted to kill her- really. But there was something bothering him about her- something he didn't even have a clue as to what it was.

The way she coughed blood from the simplest of movements...The way she wheezed and panted almost all the time...The way she was always so cryptic about her life within the palace...The way she always alluded to her time of death. It bothered Sukuna. Yesterday, watching her cough up blood from simply grabbing her neck was the last straw for him. Sukuna needed to know what was wrong with her and he couldn't kill her untill then or her stupid smile would haunt him untill the day he died.

"No." He grumbled simply, his lip twitching in anger as his own answer angered him even more.
"Oh, really? That's a first- Oh no! Maybe you are sick after all?!" The princess panicked, cutting her self off with a gasp of surprise. The girl quickly scrambled off of her knees, pushing herself towards Sukuna with wide eyes and attempting to put a hand on the man's forehead to feel his temperature.

But before she could get too far, the man grabbed her wrist and twisted it before throwing her back against the grass. The princess smiled at his actions as she coughed up a few drop of blood from the impact.
"Nevermind, you're okay." She mused, knowing that he must be fine if he was able to hurt her. Sukuna scoffed at her words, his brows furrowed tensely.

"I'm not in the mood." Sukuna growled out, really not having the energy nor patience to deal with (Y/n) right now.
"To kill me?" The princess questioned, her head tilting to the side in slight suprise at this new behaviour of his.
"Exactly." Sukuna muttered, not even sparing her a glance.
"Ah, I see." She nodded, accepting his answer. Maybe tomorrow he'd realise that he dosen't actually want to kill her, she thought.