Favor ~ Ch35

Author-San whispers : It's my birthday today!

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

Only ten minutes had passed when I had finally reached the gates of my castle after I said my goodbyes to Sukuna, only one thing on my mind as I made that journey- how I could make him forgive me. I had a few ideas but only one of them truly stood out to me, only one that I knew would definitely work. The dagger. Tonight I would find a way to obtain it and tomorrow I would gift it to him.

When I made it to the gates, my eyes instantly landed on a certain silver haired guard who was finally back on duty after his two weeks of absense due to my father's punishment. It was unfortunate that his first task back was to search for me, I realised that the moment he began splitting the guards into small search parties. The moment I walked through the gates, his eyes locked on my form and a relieved sigh left his lips before dismissing his soldiers.

"(Y/n)..." Toru muttered in relief, making his way towards me with another sigh. We met in the middle, me smiling brightly at him with glee as I had not seen him in what seemed like forever.
"I'm glad to see you on duty again, Toru." I told him with a smile, him softly chuckling with amusement in response.
"Well, someone has to look out you." He teased, making me giggle at the irony as he literally did have to look out for me every time I sneak out.

However, that soft moment was quick to disspear as Toru began to sigh again.
"But my lady, your father is very angry..." The man told me, his voice filled with hesitancy. I also sighed at his words, already having known that my father would have been displeased the moment I jumped out of that tree.
"I figured he would be so." I admitted with prursed lips as Toru began to guide me inside, my arm wrapped around his for support as I was still abit tired from all the walking.

"I suppose you're taking me to him now then?" I asked as we walked back into the palace, the workers greeting me with gentle smiles and waves as I entered.
"No, he has asked me to escort you back to your room. He...he refuses to see you today." Toru admitted as he helped me up the stairs, making me frown slightly. I didn't know if him not seeing me today was better than him coming to scold me, because him refusing to talk to me just proved how incredibly angry he was- and how much worse my punishment would be.

I nodded with a sigh, understanding that maybe this was for the best.
"I see. Very well then." I told him as we neared the top of the stairs. By now, I was out of breath and my chest hurt. Oh how I hated these stairs. If only there was a more efficenct way of getting from one floor to another- one that didn't involve climbing. That way, people like me wouldn't have to feel so much pain while meerly going to get breakfast.

When we arrived at my room, Toru opened the door for me to enter. However, the moment I did, I paused. I only got a foot into the room before realising that something was different- something was wrong. My eyes flickered across the whole of my room, instantly taking note of every single item that seemed to be missing. I couldn't help but part my lips in suprise, now wondering aimlessly around my chambers.

"Toru...where is my sewing kit? -and my shogi board? My scrolls and paint? Everything's...gone." I whispered in shock, my room almost seeming emoty to me. Everything that would be classified as remotely fun has dissappeared to the point where my room looked bare.
"Your father has confiscated all your means of entertainment..." Toru explained hesitantly, closing the door behind him as he entered with an ashamed look on his face.

The man couldn't even look up as he had failed to mention what the true punishment was for me before we arrived. I sighed once again, sitting down on the edge of my bed while looking at my lap. I already knew I'd be confined to my quaters again- but my means of entertainment gone too? What am I to do untill they get returned to me? But then again, my father had warned me that the punishment would be worse if I decided to sneak out again.