Broken ~ Ch74

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

Once I was up, I looked at him with wide eyes and shook my head. I knew what he was about to do and he knew that I knew. But he only grinned at me excitedly as he pulled me closer to him. And before I could complain, he covered my eyes and hushed me. And within that same moment I felt like the word was taken from under my feet and put there again a second later. Then he uncovered my eyes, and just as I expected...We stood directly in the middle of my father's throne room.

I said I needed to face my family... but I did not mean that it needed to be at this exact second.

Looking around me, my breathing became more lighter as I noticed that we were in the meeting hall. Not only was my father there but also my mother, sister and all 9 of the royal advisors. The guards jumped back im suprise at our arrival, luckily for me, Toru not being one of them. I bit my lip nervously as they all stared at me, jaws dropped and eyes widened.

Not only were they all shocked to see me, alive and well but also to see Ryoumen Sukuna...The 'demon' that has made them feel threatened so many times before as he had been terrorizing and pillaging lands all over Japan. And even if they hadn't realised that it was him at first glance, after noticing his 4 eyes and 4 arms, they knew. It was impossible not to. I would have thought that he'd try to fool them with his jujutsu but judging by their gasps, Sukuna didn't have any intention of trying.

"(Y/n)?! You're alive!" My sister gaped in shock, sliding to the edge of her seat to look at me closer as if she didn't believe her eyes. So I was right. They had all assumed me dead despite the fact that there was no body to be found. Maybe that's why Toru wasn't here. Maybe he was still in denial, trying to find proof of my death. I bet all he found so far was the blood-soaked ground in which I crumpled to the ground and had my heart tore from my chest. I wondered of my heart was still there- or maybe Sukuna burnt it to a crisp.

"(Y/n)?! What is the meaning of this?" My father boomed, his voice echoing throughout the room. Suddenly my throat became dry, forcing me to be unable to answer his question. Or rather, I didn't know what to say. I had never been in a situation such as this one. Sukuna however had many things that he wanted to say...and he was definitely not afraid to say them.

"Hmm, so this is the Emperor? Your father? I must say, I don't see the resemblance. He looks quite ugly if you ask me." Sukuna nonchalantly pointed out, a hand clutching his chin as he judged those with a tilted head who sat in their designated spots around the room. Of course, Sukuna wasn't just saying this out of observation. He was trying to get a reaction.

And as I suspected, he instantly got what he wanted as the people around the room gasped at the audacity of his words. I couldn't help but bite my lip further anxiously, drawing blood instantly. Sukuna noticed this and smirked, quickly wiping his thumb across my lip before placing it in his mouth and humming in delight at the taste of my blood- once again, trying to get a reaction. And to his amusement, the whole room seemed to be on the verge of collapsing after such a vulgar action.

"Father...I-I'm sorry for my late return. I-" I was instanly cut off by his loud yell of pure anger.
"Late return?! You were never supposed to be gone in the first place! And now you dare return with this-this vile monster in our home?!" My father bellowed, his voice sending vibrations through the ground. Gulping, I looked at Sukuna who seemed to be having the time of his life.

The man pranced around the room with a sadistic chuckle, knocking vases off of their shelves and killing plants with a single touch of his fingers. He seemed to also want to kill one of my father's advisors, putting one of his hands around the woman's neck and getting ready to squeeze. But before he did, he looked over to me- as if he were asking for permission. I gave him a pleading look, begging him to behave with only my eyes. And so he did, stopping his actions by letting her go with a dissapointed sigh.