Travellor ~ Ch12

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

"Hey, Sukuna? Do you think I have a cursed technique too? You know, like yours?" I asked the man infront of me who was still walking at a fast pace, his anger evident in his strides as he walked. It took alot of energy to keep up with him, my hand was now permanently placed on my chest over the spot where I felt pain- hoping that the sense of comfort would soothe my pain.

Sukuna ignored me, just as he had been doing since we started this walk. Every sentence or question that left my mouth clearly made him more angry, yet he didn't speak up. The pinkette just withered in fury, staying completely silent which only led me to talk more because I didn't do well with silence. I wasn't really sure where we were headed on this walk of ours, us taking the same pathway that led back to the castle- so I assumed we were going to the hill. Either way, I didn't mind. Wherever decided Sukuna to go, I would follow.

"I think I'd like to have a technique like yours- maybe not fire. That's a little too destructive for me. But instead something simple and delicate, you know- maybe nature related, like water or flowers. I think anything like that would suit me far more." I told him, my rambles making Sukuna angrier by the second and yet I kept speaking anyway. It was the only way that I could entertain myself after all, hoping that any moment now Sukuna would join in.

"Though maybe I'd be better off with a healing jujustu. Maybe then I could live a full life." I mumbled, saying that last statement more to myself than Sukuna- aware that he had adverted his eyes to the side to spare me a single confused look. But that look was gone as quick as it came, frustration and anger taking over again as he marched towards the usual hill that was nearing in sight.

"Ah, are we going to the top of the hill?" I asked him, realisation coming over my face as I trailed behind Sukuna towards the hill. I couldn't help but wonder what Sukuna's attachment to this specific hill was when there were clearly hundreds of other hills and mountains that he could have chosen to get away from me.

"There must be a reason you like this hill so much. I mean, I know why I come here- because it's closest to the palace. But you, I have no idea why. Perhaps it's the view that yo-" I was cut off by Sukuna, the man finally speaking up.
"One more word and I will slice out your tongue." Sukuna told me, his voice low and husky yet so serious. Despite his warning, I opened my mouth- ready to comment on the fact he had finally started talking to me. But before I could, I heard a voice in the distance.

"Lady (Y/n)! Lady (Y/n), where have you gone?" A familliar voice called out, capturing both mine and Sukuna's attention. I froze after hearing Toru's voice so close to where me and Sukuna were, knowing that I could not let Sukuna and Toru meet. Toru would not hesitate to attack Sukuna and Sukuna would not hesitate in burning Toru into bits of ash. This was an interaction that I could not let happen. Sukuna wanted to see me scream and cry- and it was imperative that he never find out that killing Toru would help him achieve that goal.

"I'm sorry but it seems as though I have to leave now." I told Sukuna with a frown, sad that I had to leave him so soon after running into him. I wanted to spend more time with him, to talk more with him once we were both at the top of this hill- despite the fact he probably wouldn't do any talking.
"Good riddance." Sukuna sneered, not even slowing down his pace as he walked up the hill- probably relieved that I wouldn't be following him anymore.

"Goodbye for now, Sukuna!" I called out with a soft smile, waving at the four armed man even though he had his back turned towards me. Before the search party could get any closer, I rushed away from the hill- lifting my kimono and hurrying as far away from it as possible. When I deemed myself to be far enough, I looked back towards the hill that was now in the mere distance- a hand on my heart as I focused more on the sight of Sukuna's figure becoming a mere blur amongst the trees.