Humanity ~ Ch78

(Author-San whispers : I wasn't gonna update until tomorrow...but oops, my hand slipped.)

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

"Ryoumen Sukuna, the 4 armed demon. Today you will be punished for the crimes you have committed." A sorcerer broadcasted, getting in a stance that showed he was preparing to fight. The other followed his lead, also getting into suitable battle stances. My lips parted in worry, my heart accelerating as dear creeped into my bones.

"You've laid low for over a year and made it increasingly hard for us to track you down but harrasing the Emperor and Empress straight after coming out of hiding? That was an unwise descision." Another sorcerer stated, also getting in a fighting stance. What did he mean by that? Did Sukuna 'lay low' after meeting me? Of course, there was the fact he hadn't killed locally by my request- and that was to protect him. But surely he killed elsewhere in my absense?

"Yes, it was an unwise descion. I should have killed them all where they sat and bathed in their blood." Sukuna cackled evilly, a malicious grin on his face as he mocked them, making me grimace at his words. But I knew he didn't mean it, he would never kill my familly without my permission. And if he did, I'd never forgive him.

Sukuna was sudden with his forst attack, not giving any warnings at all. He charged forward with an excited yell, swinging a first of fire at the closest sorcerer to him. The sorcerer put up a barrier which pushed Sukuna back with a large amount of force. But Sukuna expected that, flipping in mid air so that he he could push off the walls of the temple and charge at another sorcerer who came running at him with a cursed sword.

One swing of that sword made hundereds of trees fall at it's power, knocking me back slighty too at the force of the attack. I shivered in fright after feeling it's energy fly past me. These men were strong. And there were 16 of them, how will Sukuna defeat them all. It didn't seem possible.

I slid down against the pillar and trembled in fear, clutching my head with my hands. What do I do? I was not strong enough to fight with him but I didn't want to leave him to fight alone. Even though he seemed to be having fun out there, finally fighting at full power against a group of people he could kill...I could see in his eyes that he was struggling. I wasn't sure how long he could keep this up without becoming tired. He was still human after all.

He had once told me the story of the time he had been challenged to battle 11 of the strongest trainee sorcerers. He said it was the most thrilling battle of his life and at the end of it he come out with two arms and a leg missing which took him 3 days to regain with his reverse cursed technique. If he suffered that much from 11 of the best sorcerers, how would he deal with 16?

I peaked around the corner of the pillar and tried to take a better look at Sukuna who had his back towards me but unfortunately I had done this at the wrong moment as I had instantly locked eyes with a sorcerer who was facing my direction. He gasped with wide eyes, instantly capturing Sukuna's attention because he knew what the man just saw.

"The cursed princess! She's here! Inside the temple!" The man announce to his fellow sorcerers making Sukuna grit his teeth in frustration. For that one moment that Sukuna was distracted 4 of the sorcerers that surrounded Sukuna chanted something before slamming their hands on the floor around him. Simultaneously, a blue glowing cube built itself around Sukuna. They've trapped him.

"Sukuna!" I yelled, running towards him in worry which only made him angry as I disobeyed his command to stay inside the temple. It was stupid of me to run out like that, I would only get in his way after all. But I was panicked and I hadn't realised my mistake until it was too late.
"No! Stay inside the temple!" He growled at me. However for once I didn't listen to him, I just continued to run towards him with tears in my eyes.