Part 33

"THIS IS USELESS!" I screamed. I yanked at my hair, trying to calm myself for exploding anymore then that. I heard a sigh. I glared as Freya pinched the bridge of her nose.

"You need to find your center Jordan. We talked about this." Her tone was still gentle. Easy for her, she has been a witch for a thousand years, I have been one for like five minutes.

"I see this has gotten as exciting as watching paint dry." Lucien muttered, flipping through a book. He looked up and smiled at me.

"I can see why Nik refers to you as useless."

"Lucien!" Freya growled, glaring at him. I sighed; he was right. I had been at this for many hours for the last few days and I couldn't even get a stupid candle to light. I smirked at him, and he looked taken aback. I just kept smiling and I watched his face morph into terror.

"I'm sorry." He stuttered. I nodded, getting up and casually walking over. I watched him try and move but couldn't. Freya must be using a spell to restrain him.

"Let's talk about this."

"It's.....useless...." I said through a dead calm tone. I grabbed his face, siphoning him quickly. He groaned in pain for a minutes before I watched his eyes roll back into his head and close. The sick feeling I usually got with a dead body, seemed to vanish while I starred at Lucien's slumped corpse.

"I will never tire of watching that." Freya sighed dreamily.

I turned to her with a smile.

"I couldn't concentrate with him blabbering every five seconds." She laughed. I walked back to my seat, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath. I tried to focus on the magic I could feel within. A memory popped into my head; it was the first date I had gone on with Kol. I let my feelings from that night flow and uttered the spell under my breath. I felt something flip inside, light a light switch had finally been turned on. When I opened my eyes, the candle had a flame. I gaped at it for a few seconds. I turned to Freya who had a massive smile on her face.

"I did it!" I cheered, jumping up. "I DID IT!" I yelled wrapped Freya into a hug. She held me tight as we celebrated the first sign of me being able to use magic.

The next hour, I had repeated the same spell, watching the candle light with the small flame. We called it a day and I decided to go and see Kol. As I walked around, he smiled at me, his hair falling into his eyes.

"Are you planning on getting a haircut?" I asked.

"Do you wish me too?" he asked me innocently. I looked at him with a smile.

"Well, I really don't know which look is hotter, this shaggy one or the prim." I tapped my lip, picturing him the first time I met him. I chuckled.

"Do you remember our first meeting?" I asked.

"The ball, yes I do remember."

"You said I looked beautiful." I smiled fondly; I had been terrified.

"I stand by that statement. You are as beautiful today as you were then. I could not keep my eyes off you." He gave me a cheeky smile. I paused, my mouth fell open.

"Wait, that was you?" I asked. He gave me a slightly confused look. "I could feel someone watching me, but I chalked it up to Stefan."

"Ah, the ripper Salvatore. He did keep an annoyingly close eye on you. It made it hard to approach you." Kol folded his arms, my lips twitched up.