Part 25

Lilly and Hope were both sleeping in her room, the crib was tucked toward the bed, Lilly's hand dangled over the edge. I watched in admiration. This warm feeling was inside my chest when I watched them sleep. Hope's small body would make little noises. Walking over, I stroked Lilly's face and smiled when a smile appeared on her face while she slept. My eyes flicked to Hope, I bit my lip and touched the side of her face too. I could feel power from her and frowned. She would have a lot of power as she grew up. I crept out the room, letting them sleep without some creep watching them and walked into the living room. Marcel was in there. His head shot to me.

"How are they doing?" he asked.

"Resting." I answered with a weary look.

"Glad to hear it. I was afraid...." He mumbled off.

"What?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Your friend wouldn't make it."

"Why would you think that?" I snapped. I could feel my anger stir. They underestimated Lilly.

"That child has a lot of power. Someone trying to birth a creature such as that, should have died." He spoke in a calm manner, like this had been talked about. I frowned. Walked over, sitting down and thinking back to the birth. I had taken Lilly's hand while she screamed. My hand had broken a few times with her strength but healed just as quickly. Maybe I had siphoned off some of the baby's power? I crunched my face, maybe I would talk with Lilly and not Marcel.

"Any word from Rebekah?" I asked, shifting to another subject. I bit my lip, I felt worried about Kol. With Hope being born, I had put him to the back of my mind.

"Nothing."

"Kol?" he asked.

I shook my head. We both remained silent. Marcel cleared his throat.

"IF things go wrong, you and Lilly and Hope will always have a place here." He offered. I nodded with a small thanks. This beat sharing a small apartment room like we were.

"Thank you." I whispered, eyes looking to meet his. He smiled at me, for once I didn't get the dark feeling I usually did with vampires. It was like, he still had his humanity intact. I remembered how Stefan turned his off and shuddered.

"Have you ever turned it off?" I asked him suddenly.

"No." Marcel answered quickly. I smiled at him.

"Would you?" I felt that maybe I would give him a chance and not just shut him out. Klaus's other friend, I planned on staying the hell away from him though.

"Can't say I won't but I don't plan to." Marcel smiled at me.

We spent another hour talking and getting to know each other, I learned how he had been turned and grew up under the Mikaelson's. I had made jokes about at how Klaus had practise being a dad. If Hope grew up like Marcel, she will out great.

I woke up feeling a body next to me, I turned over trying to make out their face.

"Get some rest darling, we can talk in the morning." Kol said. I nodded, yawning and snuggling in further into his chest. My eyes shot open when hearing the baby screaming. I jumped out, throwing the door open and running toward Lilly's room. Opening her door, I saw Klaus was in there, holding his child. Hope screaming in his arms.

"Will you hold her closer to you........no no no, let her head rest on your chest........bloody hell, just give her to me." Lilly snapped. Klaus gently handed Hope over, his face displaying all his emotions. His head snapped to me standing at the door. I was ready for him to threaten me or make some kind of horrible comment. He gestured to the room.

"Join us."

I nodded, shutting the door behind me. I walked over, sitting on the end of the bed. Lilly smiled, offering Hope out to me. I bit my lip, feeling a little funny taking her.

"You're her second mother. You need practise." Lilly said. As if she had raised several children before and this was my first time. I mean it was my first time holding a child but that was besides the point. I took Hope into my arms, cradling her against me. I rocked her and hummed under my breath.

"We will finish this talk later." Klaus calmly spoke.

I turned to him a little confused.

"Oh, you can count on it, fangs." Lilly hissed.

Klaus left I and I rose a brow at Lilly.

"I want to move to the Bayou and be with my people." She explained.

"Ah." I understood now. Lilly moving and Hope going with her. Klaus must be seething that his only child was being taken away from him. it wasn't like the wolves would allow him to just stroll onto their lands whenever he pleases.

"I want Hope to have the best. Be surrounded by pack." Lilly said. I smiled at her. Hope still in my arms.

"Lilly, I think whatever you and Klaus both decide will be fine by me. I will support any decision."

"Would you come with me?" she asked. I opened my mouth about to reply when she held her hand up. "Jeremy can come too." she added quickly. I laughed.

"Not sure how Jeremy will go with the while swamp life."

"But you?" I could hear the excitement in her voice.

"Question, will there be gumbo?" I felt like this could change my outlook on a life in the swamp.

"I would hit you right now, but you are holding my daughter." Lilly rolled her eyes.

"And you love me."

"And I love you." She rolled her eyes.

We laughed; I cleared my throat.

"That's a no to the gumbo then?"

"Never even heard of gumbo."

I handed Hope back, Lilly feeding her and we spoke about alternates for how to win Klaus over. I turned to the door when a knock sounded. Lilly shouted for them to come in. Rebekah smiled when opening the door.

"Can I see my niece?" she asked.

"If you bathe her." Lilly nodded.

Rebekah's face broke into a full smile as she walked over, holding out her hands. Lilly handed her over, a small worry on her face. Rebekah pointed to the joining bathroom.

"We will be in there."

They walked into the bathroom and I grabbed Lilly's hand.

"Can I sleep in here tonight with you both?" I asked.

"You don't have to ask." Lilly smiled. she turned her head to the bathroom.

"Go on." I whispered.

Lilly jumped out of bed and raced to the bathroom. I left the room, heading back to Kol's room. He sat on the bed, book in hand.

"How is the little rugrat?" he asked curiously.

"SHE is perfect and would like to meet her uncle at some point." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Must I?"

"Yes. Afterall, I am her godmother."