Part 18

Davina, Kaleb and I walked through the cemetery. I rubbed my arms.

"Why a cemetery? Isn't this more a vampire thing? It's creepy." I grumbled.

"Because we can talk to our ancestors and hear them clearer in the cemetery." Kaleb answered.

"Still creepy."

Kaleb chuckled. He walked on the other side of Davina. We kept her in the middle. He looked down at her.

"How long have you been practising?" he asked out of curiosity.

"A year." Davina answered.

I slowed down a little, stuffing my hands into my pockets. I allowed some of my memories to resurface, finding myself smiling. I was remembering the movies nights I would have with Elena and Jeremy and even Rick. I felt a tear slide down my cheek. I dashed it away quickly. I pulled my phone out, punching in Jeremy's number. I paused, finger hovering over the screen. I gulped, what if he had moved on, found a little peace with my death? Would it be selfish of me to call him? I could feel myself getting frustrated and let out a small sound. I looked up, noticing that both Kaleb and Davina had ditched me.

"Guys?" I called out, looking around. "Kaleb? Davina?"

I kept walking forward, glancing back every now and then to see if they were going to sneak up on me. I gave up after an hour of looking and decided to head back. Kaleb would protect Davina if it came down to it, I know he would. I made it out the cemetery and screamed as I felt hands on my waist.

"Darling, it's me." Kol's voice had me clamping my mouth shut. I took a massive breath and turned and smacked him in the chest.

"You scared me. why would you do that?" I hissed.

He pulled me to him, brushing a kiss to my temple.

"I don't like you being far."

"One, that's a little cute and two, I can handle myself."

I wriggled my fingers up at him and smiled. he nipped the tips and I giggled.

"Come on, let's get you home."

"Kaleb? And Davina?"

"Marcel is looking for them." Kol assured me. I nodded, sending Kaleb a text. I got a reply, saying he and Davina were safe and back at the church. I scowled, sending a reply. I put my phone away, letting my hand rest in Kol's as we walked back to the house.

"I miss Jeremy." I admitted.

"Do you want to see him?" Kol asked.

"More than anything." I sighed. "But it will have to wait. I can't involve him in this."

Kol just listened as I talked myself into calling him and then not calling him.

"What happened when I died, like after?" I asked.

Kol paused, I glanced at him and saw pain flicker over his face. He had done something. I honestly hoped he hadn't hurt Jeremy or Elena.

"I turned off my humanity." Kol admitted.

"Why?" I frowned. I had seen Stefan without his humanities, and he were next level evil. Not Klaus evil but close.

"The pain of losing you, I couldn't bare it."

I nodded, listening to his admission. I leaned closer to him, offering him comfort when I could.

"I begged Elijah and Nik to kill me, they wouldn't."

"I'm glad they didn't." I scowled at him.

Kol chuckled, he pulled me to him, pressing a kiss to my temple again. I smiled, feeling happy and content in this moment. We neared the house, walking in and heading to his room. As we closed the door, I felt this yawn take over my body. I felt completely drained. I rubbed my eyes, looking at Kol who smiled.

"Come, I can read to you."

I changed quickly, brushing my teeth and grabbing a towel and excitedly running out.

"The towel." I waved at him.

"Ah yes, the one you wanted to steal." Kol laughed at me. I brought it to bed, rubbing my face against it.

"It's so soft.....here." I reached it up so he could rub his face against it. I expected him not to do it and find me weird, but he did exactly what I had done.

"It is soft."

I grinned, tucking myself into his side, leaning my head against his chest and dozed off to the sound of his voice. 

The next few weeks, we had found Emily, binding her magic until she had stabbed me with a knife. Klaus snapped her neck, Kol had refused to let me out of his sight, using me being dead against me. I sat down on the couch, feeling worried about Lilly. I got up, Kol shadowed me.

"Can I speak to Lilly, alone?"

"When I see Lilly, I will leave you."

"You are hovering." I rolled my eyes.

"I am allowed to hover." I just shook my head, walking into the room I knew she was crashing it. we hadn't gone back to the apartment, the fact that it wasn't safe and most of our stuff had been stolen anyway. I cracked open the door and saw Lilly just laying on the bed, curled under the blankets.

"Talk to you later." I whispered to Kol. He bent down, tapping his cheek. I scowled and placed a quick kiss. I crept into the room, taking off my shoes and climbing into bed beside her. Lilly rolled over, turning to me, her face pale.

"Lilly, you ok?"

"No." she croaked. She started to sob, I pulled her to me, stroking her hair and trying to calm her down.

"I miss my family. I miss Jackson......" she sobbed harder and she mumbled something I didn't hear. I rubbed my cheek against the top of her head and pressed a kiss to it.

"I'm here." I murmured, over and over again.

"....pregnant."

"What?" I asked, making sure I heard that right.

"I'm pregnant."

I froze, Lilly, pregnant?

"What do you mean?"

She cleared her throat, pushing herself up so she could look at me.

"I was drunk.....I slept with someone.....a guy.....I don't even like guys." Her face crunched in disgust.

"What guy?"

She rolled over, hiding her face into the pillow. I frowned. Lilly had not been with a guy in the time I have known her.

"Lilly?" I gently asked. she mumbled the name again and I missed it between the muffled sounds of the pillows. I asked her again and she rolled over, looking up at me with big sad blue eyes.

"Klaus."