Part 9

When I came too, I felt like I had been hit by a truck. I groaned, sitting up. I looked around, seeing I Sonja and that other woman were standing, and another one standing with them. She smiled when she looked over at me.

"At ease my child." She said.

I felt weary, like I shouldn't be trusting her. I nodded, trying to pretend I was ok, but on the inside, I was planning my escape and screaming. There was something cold about this woman, her smile was off, her eyes were cold.

"Celeste, how do you feel?" the woman asked. she was looking at this Celeste woman like she was an angel or something. Sonja walked over to me, offering me a hand. I took it, she hoisted me up.

"Alive." Celeste answered with a laugh. Goosebumps arose on my skin, I tried to rub them away, but it didn't work. "Thank you, my children." She cupped the other woman's face, the woman closed her eyes, smiling. it was like she was receiving a blessing.

"Celeste..." Celeste held her hand up, she turned around to Sonja and I, walking over to us. Sonja bowed her head, I just watched.

"Sonja, I know what it is you ask of me and I will grant it......" I saw Sonja's face light up with joy. "When we kill off the originals." She finished. Sonja looked deflated just as quickly and I narrowed my eyes, she had done that on purpose. Given Sonja false hope.

"Thank you, Celeste." Sonja smiled at her. Celeste seemed to enjoy the praise and the attention. She turned to me and offered out her hand. I glanced at Sonja who nodded at me. I stepped forward slowly, reaching out. She grasped my hand, pulling me to her quickly and smiling.

"She is powerful, strong and yet, there is something.....missing?" she let go of my hand and started to study me as she walked around me. I followed her, trying not to let her stay at my back. "A spell blocks you, child. The witch who has cast it, seems to be just as strong." She mused.

"Someone put a spell on me?" I asked.

"Yes child. Yet they weren't strong enough to bring you back from the dead by themselves.....seems like old magic is at work. I would guess as far as the original witch's involvement."

"Ester?" Sonja suddenly asked.

"Yes. She seems to believe that this girl is the key to one or more of her children's destruction."

"This girl?" the other woman sneered, looking at me venomously. I glared at her, not liking her attitude. I personally, don't even know this woman, never seen her and she is acting like I stabbed her or something horrible like that.

"Yes, this child. Now Emily, if you will escort her home, cloak her too. I do not want Marcel or Elijah to get wind of this." Celeste said to the other woman. Emily bowed her head, grabbing my arm and yanking me. I looked at Sonja, I didn't want to leave her. we had things to talk about. We walked back to town in silence before I ripped my arm from her grip.

"Touch me like that again and I will...." I started to threaten. I felt this piercing noise in my head. I clutched before falling to my knees.

"I'm sorry, what will you do?" she smiled down at me. I reached up, grabbing her wrist in a tight hold. I felt her magic pouring into my body, healing the damage she had caused. I smirked as she cried out in pain. She fell to her knees, I watched as blood came out her nose. Letting go of her wrist. I brushed the fake dirt off my arm where she had been touching.

"That's what I will do." I glared down at her. Emily glared up at me, her brown eyes matched her skin as she bared her teeth at me.

"I hate you."