Part 12

Lilly and I had spent the night at Valerie's, I was on the couch and Lilly on the floor. When we woke, we had talked about Lilly and her being a werewolf. I learnt that werewolf gene was a curse trigged by someone dying. Lilly had accidently killed someone when she was twelve. She had touched them after eating peanuts and the person had a severe allergy to nuts and died quickly. Lilly was a part of a pack called the crescent moon and they all perished a few years ago. She had an older brother, Jackson. Lilly had been on her own since she was fourteen. Valerie had found Lilly and taken her in, she would guide Lilly through her shifts, keeping her bound so she didn't kill anyone. Now that I thought about it, Lilly never came home one night a month. After hearing about the werewolves, we went into the plan about Kol. I found myself getting nervous. Kol sounded like a horrible person. Valerie told me about him being named the homicidal maniac. I shuddered with the thought. Yet, my heart fluttered at the thought of his name, my stomach doing little flips. He must know who I am or at least point me in the right direction. I still had the lead in Mystic Falls and if Kol didn't pan out, I would head there.

I checked my phone, Kaleb and Rebekah had both messaged me, I sighed and turned my phone off. I didn't have time to really think about Kaleb and his betrayal right now or the fact that Rebekah was an original vampire. It would explain the overwhelming power I felt from her, but nothing could compare to the man. Klaus. Valerie had gone into details about the originals and their family members. Finn, Elijah, Klaus, Kol and Rebekah. All their names sounded familiar and it was frustrating me that I didn't know why. I pulled at my hair, taking a breath I calmed myself down and walked back into the cabin. Lilly offered me a smile and I just smiled back. I was glad I had her, I felt less crazy and I wasn't alone either.

"How do we find Kol?" I asked.

"Trust your instincts, dear."

I nodded, that sounded easy enough.

Lilly and I walked into the French quarter, I played with my fingers, unsure if this was a good idea. I grabbed Lilly.

"This is a bad idea." I muttered.

"We don't have to do this." She reassured me. I gulped, my dreams were getting more and more intense, I woke up with a blood nose this morning and a horrible headache. It was like my mind was fighting the spell and just needed that final push to help. I shook my head.

"I can do this." I finally said. Lilly just smiled at me. as we walked, my eyes landed on the man from the other night. Martin.....Markle....MARCEL. my eyes widened. I ducked behind a few people, Lilly doing the same. I watched out the corner of my eye as him and a few other guys walked down the street. There was a power to them, nothing like Rebekah or Klaus but I figured they were vampires.

"Are they..." I trailed off.

"Vampires? Yep." Lilly answered.

We walked into an alley, taking out the charms that would buy us both an hour, we had figured it would be better to go together then me on my own. I felt safer with Lilly, also her being a werewolf calmed me. we walked into the house, I paused when seeing a guy watching carefully. His eyes fell on me an di hitched a breath. He turned away before I let it out. I felt this feeling, like I was being drawn somewhere. I followed, Lilly beside me. my eye looks at a door an di frowned. I had been in this room before. When we had catered the party, I used the bathroom. We opened the door and quickly ducked inside. The room was now lit with natural light.

"Wow." I whispered.

"Yeah, this place is bigger than our apartment." Lilly mumbled.

I smiled. I looked around, there was a massive bed, I felt myself groan. Who needed a bed THAT big? I saw a bookshelf, lined with books. I walked over, scanning a few titles and one stood out. I yanked it off the shelf, turning the book over in my hand.

Brothers Grimm.

I opened the cover, there was an inscription.

My dear Jordan,

You are a light in this world, always know in darkness you will shine.

My heart thundered in my chest. I ran my finger over the words, feeling the tears burning my eyes. those words, I have heard those words. Jordan. Jordan. Jordan. The name rang in my head, sounding more like it belonged to me. I felt Lilly's hand on my shoulder, I showed her the book. I watched her mouth the words, her blue eyes looking back at me.

"This is mine." I said. I knew it was mine, I could feel it was mine. I loved the Brothers Grimm. I cuddled the book closer to me, feeling this easiness in my chest. I scanned the room, feeling like there was something hidden. I frowned, walking to the other side, I stopped. A shiver rolling over me. I handed Lilly the book, she tucked it into her arms. I let my hands reach out, closing my eyes, I concentrated. There. I felt it. I pulled something inside myself. I blocked out the noises and just kept siphoning. When I opened my eyes, there was a coffin. I turned to Lilly; her eyes were wide.

Her mouth opened and closed, she had no idea what to say and I bit my lip.

"Yeah." Was all I could think off to say. She just nodded; eyes still wide. I turned back to the coffin and gripped the edge. I turned to Lilly who gave a nod. I took a breath and opened. There, inside was a handsome man. My eyes widened, breath hitched, and heart felt like it stopped. Everything felt like it was slowing down when I looked down at him. He looked like the man I pictured when.....KOL. this was Kol. My hand reached out, I stroked his cheek gently and felt this peace wash over me.

I was mesmerized by this man for a few short seconds, my eyes wondered down and I frowned when seeing a dagger in his heart. I yanked the dagger out, tucking it into the back of my jeans. I heard a noise; we were running out of time. I ran over to the table, grabbing pen and paper before scribbling a note and shoving it inside his jean pocket. I watched for a second. The grey of his skin was disappearing, and I saw his finger twitched. He was waking. Lilly grabbed my arm, pulling me to the door. We ran out before the charm could wear off and made it to the alley just outside.

"Now we wait."