Part 20

Kol had taken me on another date, this time to a club that had a wonderful jazz singer, we both sat, listening to her sing about her troubled up bringing, I found myself smiling and then guilt tore through me.

"Darling?" Kol's voice had me turning to him with a confused look. His face held concern.

"Sorry, I just feel....wrong." I tried to figure out the best way to explain to him how I was currently feeling. Kol took my hand in his, offering me comfort in a gentle squeeze. I frowned, feeling this darkness inside me. my free hand rubbed against my chest as I furrowed my brow.

"JEREMY." I shot to my feet, whirling around and grabbing my jacket and bag and heading straight for the door. Strong hands clasped my shoulders, spinning me around. I scowled.

"Please..." I begged, not sure how to express fast enough that we had to leave. I needed to get to Jeremy.

"Jordan, you need to calm down." Kol tried to reason with me. I glared at him, feeling the darkness pouring into me. he frowned; I could feel him trying to take the darkness from me, but he couldn't.

"DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!" I yelled, smashing my fist against his chest. I heard a crack, a second later I registered the pain shooting through my hand as I cradled it to my body. I gave a small scream of pain. The darkness faded quickly, and I looked down at my hand. Looks like I had broken a bone in my hand.

"Darling?" Kol spoke softly. I looked up, blinking at him.

"I'm sorry." I felt tears spring to my eyes. he took my face, bringing me to him, kissing my forehead before leaning down, resting our foreheads together.

"Are you ok?"

"Yes....but Jeremy isn't." I answered. I could feel something was really wrong with him. I could feel the answer in my head, like I already knew what was wrong with him.

"Jeremy is fine, darling."

I nodded, trying to believe the words he spoke. I swiped away the tears that were running down my cheek. I stepped away from him, I saw the hurt flash across his face. I took the stone around my neck, siphoning the magic to heal my broken hand. Closing my eyes, I opened them minutes later the pain no longer throbbing my hand.

"What was that?" Kol asked after I opened my eyes.

"Jeremy, it has something to do with the darkness in him..." I tapped my lip, trying to figure out the thoughts in my head.

"The ring." I found the memories regarding the Gilbert ring come to mind.

"Ah." Kol sounded like he was starting to understand, his brow creased. "Does that happen often?" he asked.

"What?" I asked a little confused.

"The outbursts?"

I shrugged, it wasn't like my memory was the best to go on right now. I looked around, noticing a few people looked our way and felt ashamed of my sudden outburst. Kol pulled me to him, a smile on his face.

"I can always kill them if you like?" he tilted his head. I shook my head rather quickly.

"No, it's fine."

We walked, heading back to the quarter and to the house where I knew Lilly was already waiting for me. I had turned my phone off after the seventeenth message I had received from her in a row. I had enjoyed my night with Kol, I smiled, leaning into him.

"Thank you for tonight."

"My pleasure, darling. I will shower you with as many dates as I can."