Part 19

I sat on the steps, tea warming my hands, I felt someone sitting down next to me. From the burning inside me, I knew who it was. I smiled turning my head to the side.

"We almost ready?"

Kaleb grinned.

"Yes."

I nodded, looking back down at the small courtyard, feeling the night breeze brush against my skin, I felt relaxed.

"Would I, of had a chance with you?"

I spun my head so fast; I felt the mug slip through my fingers. The breaking sound echoed; my eyes widened as I looked down at the broken mug. I then looked back into Kaleb's blue eyes.

"What?" I felt a little confused as to where this was coming from.

"You and me. would there have been anything if it weren't for..." he trailed off.

I sighed. Before my memories were given back to me, Kaleb and I were kind of talking and get to know each other. I shrugged.

"I don't know." I answered honestly.

Kaleb nodded, getting to his feet, he left in silence. I remained there, just starring at the broken pieces of the mug on the ground.

"You could have said yes, darling."

I glanced at Kol over my shoulder before I sighed.

"It wouldn't have been real." I replied.

Sure, it would have felt real at the time, but what if my memories had started to come back on their own?

"Kol?"

"Yes darling?"

"You said you have only loved one person. Who was it?"

I angled my body to the side, so I wasn't craning my neck around. Kol had been leaning against the door frame, he pushed off and walked over, sitting down beside me. He took one of my hands in his, lacing our fingers. I couldn't help but notice how perfectly we fit each other.

"Ah yes, I should have phrased that better..." he trailed off in deep thought. I could feel my heart slowing, waiting to hear his answer. A part of me screamed that I didn't want to know, but I knew it would eat me alive.

Kol turned, our eyes meeting. My breath hitched as his free hand tucked some of my hair behind my ear. He smiled; it was beautiful. I found myself falling more in love with him.

"I love you Jordan Gilbert."

He leaned over, pulling my face closer to his as his mouth met mine. At first the kiss had been gentle and loving, a few seconds, I had grabbed his face with my both my hands, pulling him closer to me. our tongues clashed, the kiss continuing.

"Ahem." I pulled away, seeing Kol scowling. Turning his glare on the person who had interrupted us.

Klaus smirked at us, I found my own eyes narrowing at him, we had kind of redefined how we viewed each other.

"Sorry to interrupt but I believe we are ready."

He walked over with a knowing look. Kol and I looked back at each other, I smiled at him.

"Let's kill this witch." 

We had devised our plan, Kol and I hid ourselves behind a tree in the clearing. Kol's head would peer around the tree in search of Celeste. I rubbed my arms, not liking this idea too much. I turned to see gold eyes coming our way.

"Jackson?" I whispered.

Jackson grinned at me, giving me a wave.

"Howdy Jordan."

I furrowed my brow in confusion. What were the wolves doing here? As if sensing my question, Jackson walked over, keeping his tone low.

"You think Lilly would let her best friend be out here without some kind of protection?" his eyes flicked to Kol, I assumed Kol was scowling since Jackson looked satisfied. I wedged my body in between, so neither of them could launch an attack without first hitting me.

"Lilly sent you?" I guessed.

"Of course."

I shook my head with a smile, I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I wiped it away, smiling. Kol's hand was on my back.

"Darling?"

"I'm fine." I smiled.

I had never had someone other then Jeremy that went to extreme lengths to ensure that I was safe. I loved Elena and she loved me but sometimes she became side-tracked with whatever plan was going down. I looked up to see Jackson giving me a smile, he squeezed my shoulder gently.

"You are apart of the pack now."

I beamed up at him, feeling for once in the past few years, that I belonged somewhere. I rubbed my chest, wishing I could share this with Jeremy. He would love Lilly as much as I did, and he would treat her like she were family. I cleared my throat.

"So, where is this hag?"

I leaned over, eyes scanning the clearing, something felt....wrong? I furrowed my brows before walking out into the open.

"Jordan?" Kol hissed, he was beside me, Jackson on my other side. I put my hands up, feeling magic in the air and frowned. It was like a dome of magic of some kind. A spell, perhaps?

I reached my palms, flat out until my hands brushed against the magic. I saw the red glow under my hands and began to siphon the spell. The magic faded and I kept siphoning. I could see Celeste standing in the clearing, a brow raised as she saw me.

"Well this is a surprise." She mused.

I furrowed y brow in concentration, trying to siphon the spell the best I could. I gritted my teeth, it felt overwhelming almost. All this magic swirled inside me, I shook my head, narrowing my eyes and tuning out everything. I felt Kol, he was starting to drain what he could from me, I felt my lips tug up, I wasn't alone, Kol was right beside me. I felt Jackson's hand on my shoulder, the magic started to pour into him too. I siphoned and felt myself getting frustrated, it didn't take this long, unless.

"Someone is casting the spell." I grunted out.

"On it." Jackson answered, leaving Kol and I to take the spell on. I glanced to see Kaleb, Klaus, Freya and Elijah were surrounding Celeste. I couldn't make out words, I was using everything in me to keep siphoning the spell. After a few long and tortuous minuets, the spell was weakening, I smiled, turning to Kol.

"Finally." I breathed.

The spell broke, I dropped my arms, feeling my legs wobble as I tried to take a step forward.

"Now now darling, easy." Kol took my weight in his arms, allowing me to collapse in them. I turned and felt my face pale at the sight of Celeste's heart being ripped out of her chest. Kol's hand covered my eyes, I closed them, hearing the blood rushing to my ears and drowning out all other sounds. When I came too, I was back in Kol's room.

"How did I get in your room?" I asked, sitting up in bed and tilting my head.

"Our room." Kol amended quickly. I nodded, not feeling like arguing with him at this present time. "I carried you."

"How long have I been out?"

"An hour." Kol shrugged.

I nodded, feeling like my body had been hit and reversed over a few times by a truck. I slumped back onto the pillows, rolling onto my side.

"Are you ok?" I asked Kol.

"Never better." He smiled at me. I narrowed my eyes, trying to see if he was lying to me. He walked over, climbing in behind me and wrapping me in his arms. "I wouldn't lie to you." He kissed the back of my head and I smiled.

"Good." We remained silent for a few seconds. "I love you Kol."