49. Proposal

NARRATOR

It was the two days before the battle. The Cullens were going hunting and the wizards had to be prepared. Harry and the guys were going to the ministry so ___ would stay in the Cullen's house alone with Edward. It all felt normal but what ___ didn't know, was that Edward had a surprise for her. Edward picked her up from her house but during the journey. She noticed him very nervous.

___: Edward, are you okay? I can see you're a bit nervous. - she said taking his free hand because he was driving

Edward: Yes. It's just that I have a surprise for you.

___ looked at him excited, he knew that she loved surprises. During the rest of the journey, she asked him where they were going but he didn't say anything. They arrived at a point in the forest but before exiting the car, Edward covered her eyes with a piece of cloth.

___: I feel like you're going to kidnap me. - she joked making him laugh

Edward: Not really. I want you to trust me, okay, darling?

___: I always trust you.

He helped her exit the car and guided her carefully to not let her fall while taking her waist delicately. When they arrived to the place, he took the cloth off her eyes. She fluttered her eyes, getting used to the light. She noticed they were in the middle of the woods. It was iluminated by lights. The environment was really beautiful.

___: What are we doing here?

Edward: Maybe you don't recognize it, but here is where I found you before taking you to my house. When I saw you for the first time, you cought my attention instantly. As much as when I saw you in the train. There's no doubt that I fell in love with you one more time, and I want it to stay that way. If I'd have met you in my time, I would have courted you. We'd take chaperoned strolls and iced tea on the porch. I may have stolen a kiss or two. But only after asking your father of brother's permission. I would have got down on one knee......... - he knelt down in front of her who was without any words - And I would have presented you with a ring.

From his pocket, he took out a little box with a ring inside and showed it to her.

Edward: ___ Potter, you're an extroadinary woman, the best one I've ever met. I want you to do me the honor of becoming my wife. Tell me Ms. Potter, would you like to marry me? Would you like to be my wife?

___ was with no words, her eyes were filled with tears but she already had the answer.

___: Yes. Yes, I want to marry you.

He stood up and hugged her to kiss her after. In that kiss, they transmited all the love they had mutually. He separated from the kiss and took her hand to put the ring on it.

Edward: This was my mother's. - he said reffering to the ring - You don't know how happy you made me, my love. I always knew that you're the girl of my life.

___: And you're the man of my life.

He hugged her by the waist and joined their foreheads.

Edward, ___: I love you.

They both smiled joining in a kiss. That night, both of them got engaged. And it was the only thing that mattered for them, being together and nothing else. Together, they would confront anything that stood in their way. In that moment, nothing else mattered, only them. And that was more than enough.