𝟐. glass half full

WHITE FLAG

chapter two : glass half full
{ season one - episode two }

chapter two : glass half full{ season one - episode two }

"THAT GUY'S IN trouble, Glenn. We gotta do something," Kloe spun her head around to Glenn, who couldn't take his eyes off a man in sheriff uniform. He was on a horse, getting chased by countless amounts of geeks.

They were on a supply run with Morales, Andrea, T-Dog, Merle and Jacqui in Atlanta, which was still overrun with geeks even a month and a half later. The man that was on a horse was underneath a tank that was in the center of the road.

Then, unexpectedly, there was a gunshot from inside the tank. Glenn and Kloe shared a look briefly before the Asian boy reached for the walkie that was connected to his belt, hesitantly pushing down the button on the side of it to see if the guy could hear us through the tank radio.

"Hey," he began, pausing to find words to say. "Hey, you. Dumbass." Kloe's face scrunched up, but there was still no reply. "Yeah, you in the tank. Are you cozy in there?" The brunette gently hit Glenn's arm, playfully rolling her eyes at him with a grin, before it slowly faded.

"He's not answering. Maybe that gunshot was-" the Schmidt girl cut herself off, shaking her head as she stared at the ground. Starting to get annoyed, she snatched the walkie out of Glenn's grip, pulling the walkie closer to her face. "Are you even alive, or did you just, you know..." she removed her index finger from the button, pursing her lips before handing the walkie back over to Glenn, who had a look of reassurance.

"Hello? Hello?" a frantic voice crackled through the radio, causing Glenn and Kloe to sigh with relief, small smiles growing across their faces before Glenn answered.

"There you are. You had us wondering," Glenn sighed.

"Where are you?" the guy in the tank inquired. "Outside? Can you see me right now?"

"Yeah, we can see you," the girl answered, lightly pressing her index finger against the button on the walkie so she could speak. From having to share the walkie, Glenn and Kloe slightly brushed shoulders, which made the girl shiver a little since she wasn't used to such touch.

"You're surrounded by walkers. That's the bad news," Glenn informed. Embarrassed, the brunette pinched the top of her nose, shaking her head at what her best friend had just said to the man.

"There's good news?" the panicked guy questioned hopefully. Glenn hesitated for a moment, finally realizing why the girl was pinching her nose.

"No," he replied bluntly. Kloe released the pinch from her nose and stared at Glenn with disbelief.

"You're literally a dumbass. So much for calling this random dude a dumbass when you're one yourself-" she immediately got cut off by the man on the walkie.