𝟔𝟑. terminus

WHITE FLAG : ̗̀➛ THE FINALE

chapter sixty-three : terminus
[ season four - episode fifteen & sixteen ]

chapter sixty-three : terminus[ season four - episode fifteen & sixteen ]

THE TERMINUS SIGN they all currently stared at was at least the tenth one they'd seen that day. After leaving the small bungalow the day before, they only rested up the previous night for a few hours.

"We're close," Carol stated as she watched the looks on the three other adults' faces. Sure, they were definitely exhausted, but they were also determined.

Judith lay asleep in the arms of Kloe Rhee, her small head resting peacefully on her shoulder. "We're gonna get there. All of us," Kloe reminded in a hushed tone, not wanting to wake the baby.

"I'm gonna make sure you all get there. That you're all safe," Carol added, causing Kloe to turn her head to the side to face her while Tyreese and Reina inspected the sign. "But I'm not gonna stay."

In unison, the pair examining the sign twisted their necks to face Carol. Kloe's eyes furrowed deeply, while Tyreese kept a neutral expression. "What do you mean?" Kloe asked as they continued to walk.

"I mean, once everyone reunites with each other, I'll be leaving to fend for myself," Carol elaborated. "Rick kicked me out of the prison for a reason--"

A walker snarled as it made an appearance behind the small group. "Carol, you can't," Kloe whisper-shouted. "You can't leave."

The gray haired woman ignored the younger woman, strutting forward with her knife in her grip. Within an instant, Carol grunted as she drove the knife into the walker's brain, sending them both to the floor.

The woman sat on the ground to catch her breath for a moment or two, that was until Kloe heard something very familiar to their right. "Shit," she muttered as Carol turned her head, her eyes widening as she stared right ahead at an upcoming herd.

"More," Carol mouthed to the three.

Simultaneously, they all spun around and hurriedly rushed off the tracks. "Behind the tree," Reina whispered, to which they all followed her and crouched down behind a trunk.

They all breathed heavily as they watched the large number of walkers stumble onto the tracks, treading over where they just were.

Kloe felt her heart rise into her throat when her ears caught onto gunshots in the distance. She snapped her head over to the younger woman beside her and they both shared a knowing glance.

They had to get there. Because there were four possibilities on what was going on in Terminus.

Number one, a herd of walkers could be attacking and so they had to shoot them all down. Number two, the small group that approached her and Reina a few days prior had gotten to the place before they could. Number three, Terminus ended up being not as expected so their group decided to take them out before they could. Or number four, which is the exact opposite of number three -- Terminus attacked their group.