𝟑𝟒. prisoners

WHITE FLAG

chapter thirty-four : prisoners
{ season three - episode one }

chapter thirty-four : prisoners{ season three - episode one }

DARYL SLID OPEN the red metal door, a loud echo traveling through the air from the inside. Slowly and carefully, they all stepped inside, their knives and weapons somewhat raised. Rick pushed open the steel metal bar door, making a loud squeaking sound.

Maggie slid the red metal door back in place, creating an even louder bang rip through the air. Kloe pulled her bow off her shoulder that had stayed in place the entire time. She raised it in the air, sneaking around the corner beside Daryl in front of everyone.

The only thing they could hear was the sound of water drops hitting the ground and echoing through the prison. The light inside was extremely dim and dark, making it hard for the group to see. There was a lot of space in the room, meaning they had a lot of room to move just like they did outside. They would have to give it a good clean though, considering there was litter and papers everywhere.

Rick pointed his machete up to the indoor guard tower, signaling that he was going to head up there. He cautiously walked up the steps as Kloe watched him carefully. Glenn turned to Kloe, sending a mental message if she was okay. She nodded once, wiping blood that had gotten onto her hand on her jeans.

The sound of keys jingling came from the indoor guard tower, making everyone look up. Rick had gotten the keys to the cells where the prisoners were locked up. Rick jogged down the stairs, quietly but quickly making his way over to the locked steel metal bar door.

He slipped his hand through the bars, pushing the key through the keyhole. The door unlocked, allowing Rick to push it open with one hand. It screeched as it opened, making Kloe grimace like it was a knife scraping against a plate.

Rick stepped to the side, letting Daryl and Kloe inside. The pair raised their bows, aiming them toward the open cells that were dark inside. The archers shared a glance. Daryl nodded his head, signaling that he could do it. She nodded back, lowering her bow and put it over her shoulder.

Before they could head up the stairs, Rick made sure that the door on the other side of the room was locked right, which it was. Rick and Daryl went up the stairs, leaving the rest of the group downstairs to search the other cells.

There was a single locked cell at the end of the room, catching Kloe's attention. She discreetly moved over to it, squinting her eyes to see the inside. It was dark, so she couldn't see what was inside, not until the walker that was locked inside lunged at the door.

She jumped back with surprise as her heart began to speed its pace. She watched as it extended out its rotten arm, attempting to grab the young woman. Without hesitation, she shoved her knife into its head.