𝟐𝟒. the disappearance

WHITE FLAG

chapter twenty-fourthe disappearance
{ season two – episode eight & nine }

chapter twenty-four : the disappearance{ season two – episode eight & nine }

   BOTH OF KLOE'S hands were placed in her lap as she stared at them. She was sitting on a chair beside Maggie in the room Beth was occupying, still unresponsive. Everything had been running through Kloe's mind, including her small confession to Glenn. Never would her past self before the apocalypse would've guessed that she loved her brother's best friend.

She would've found that weird, but now, it didn't seem weird whatsoever. She didn't see him as her brother's best friend anymore, she saw him as the person her small little mind had fallen for. She had always been an over-thinker, so this was making her anxious.

Getting a little bit too anxious, she shot up from her chair, earning a confused glance from Maggie. She looked down at her with an apologetic look, "Sorry. I'm just gonna get some fresh air," she informed, hastily making her way to the exit of the room.

As she made her way over to the front door, Kloe let her teeth sink into her bottom lip to the point where she could taste blood. She didn't really care, but she knew Zayn would because it's very noticeable when someone has been chewing their bottom lips since it leaves marks.

Once she opened the door, she noticed Lori and Dale stepping down the porch steps. Dale, who heard the presence of the young woman, gazed over his shoulder and briefly smiled at her. He then tilted his head to the side, gesturing to follow him.

Hesitantly, she followed the two and sped down the steps as if they weren't there. "This place is going to hell," he muttered in a low tone close to Lori's ears.

"Yeah, I'm trying hard to prevent that," she replied, keeping her eyes locked on the dead grass beneath their feet.

"You won't be able to, neither will you, Klo," the mention of her name brought her attention to the conversation and she furrowed her brows at the man. "No, there are people in this group who think that what Shane did was justified."

Kloe nodded rapidly, parting her lips to agree, but she immediately got cut off by Lori, "I know you and Shane can't stand each other, and judging by your looks, Klo, you clearly can't stand him either, but he did something that needed to be done."

"He's dangerous," Dale commented, syncing his walking pattern with Lori and Kloe's.

"Yeah, he's a hothead."

"Mhm, he's definitely a hothead, Lori, but he is very dangerous. I stated my opinion earlier and he clenched his fists, Lori, he clenched his fists. If Glenn and Rick weren't there, I'm positive he would've beaten me up," Kloe explained, narrowing her eyes at the woman.