𝟔𝟏. go to terminus

WHITE FLAG

chapter sixty-one : go to terminus
[ season four - episode thirteen ]

chapter sixty-one : go to terminus[ season four - episode thirteen ]

KLOE CROUCHED DOWN upon noticing words written in the soil. Her and Reina had left early that morning, the sun currently being directly above them.

The Rhee woman bit down onto her bottom lip until she could taste the blood. She knew immediately who the words were written out by.

GO TO TERMINUS K & V.
- M, S, B

Maggie, Sasha, Bob.

One of them had written it out with their index finger for her and Vickie. If only they knew that Vickie was no longer with her. Reina set a hand on one of her hips as she watched the woman, a feeling of sorrow overtaking her.

She immediately knew that V meant the woman that Kloe was with before her, and she knew just how much it affected the Rhee woman. She slowly took a step forward, setting a hand on her shoulder.

Although, Kloe pushed her sadness back inside as she set her mind to the main thing she wanted done. Getting to Terminus. "I was right. They're all going to Terminus..." she whispered as she watched the letters. "It looks like they wrote this recently... yesterday at most - which means they're nearby."

"They could be," Reina agreed, her hand returning to her waist as she adjusted her grip on her belt where her pistol was held in case a walker snuck up on them.

Kloe stayed in silence for another five seconds before she abruptly stood up, spinning on her heel as she brushed past the younger woman. Reina didn't hesitate to follow her as they made their return to the tracks.

The writing in the soil was just off to the side, taking only a minute to return back to the tracks. Currently, Kloe felt more determined than before. Seeing a small message written for her gave her an energy boost.

She, even Reina, noticed that her pace picked up as they walked down the never ending rail track. The only thing that stayed the same was Kloe's silence as she got lost in thought.

Not only the hopeful thoughts -- but the bad thoughts too. Reina wasn't exactly a mind reader, but she could tell that Kloe felt guilty. She could tell by the way she stared off into space, how she went silent at any mention of Vickie, how she stayed solemn.

"It's not your fault," Reina found herself telling the woman beside her. Kloe's head whipped over to the Salazar woman, furrowing her brows.

"What?" said Kloe as her hand wrapped around the straps of her backpack that she had found in an abandoned car.

"V. As in the person you were with before. Her death wasn't your fault," the younger woman stated supportively.

Kloe scoffed as she turned her head forward, "How would you know? You don't even know how she died." She felt the exact same lump return to her throat again as they began speaking about the Parson woman.