𝟒𝟕. arrow on the doorpost

WHITE FLAG

chapter forty-seven : arrow on the doorpost
{ season three - episode thirteen }

chapter forty-seven : arrow on the doorpost{ season three - episode thirteen }

IT WAS EARLY morning when Vickie, Zayn and Kloe took a walk around the fence of the field. Rick, Daryl and Hershel had left for a negotiation with the Governor and his pals that Andrea insisted they'd have three days before.

Rick, Carl and Michonne had gone to Rick's hometown two days prior, saying that he had a friend there that may have had guns. That night, he returned with a load of weapons, and it definitely gave them a higher chance.

"We missed you a lot, you know?" Zayn broke the forty-second silence that was held while they thought about everything. "After dad died, we wanted to see you."

"I know, your mother told me that," Vickie replied, her hands in her black leather jacket that had a broken zip.

"Then why did you never visit us?" Kloe questioned, averting her dark brown hues from the grey concrete beneath their shoes. "You knew we wanted to see you, so why did you stop?"

Vickie let out a heavy sigh. "'Cause your mother didn't allow me to," she answered honestly. "Every weekend, I knocked on the door to come see you two, but Elisa turned me down every time."

"But why?" Zayn inquired more. "You were mom's best friend. She wouldn't turn you down." At this point, the Schmidt siblings were perplexed. The last time they saw the woman was the day before their father left - the last time they saw him.

The Parson woman blinked profusely. "She had her reasons. I understood why she didn't want someone like me around her children. The only family she had left."

This only made them confused furthermore. "You're making zero sense, Vick," Kloe stated. "Like Zayn said, you and mom were best friends since college. Why would she randomly stop letting you see us?"

The woman halted to a stop, making the siblings stop one step in front of her. They both turned around to face the woman, who released a shaky breath. "Because of Brianna," she answered truthfully. Zayn and Kloe both eyed each other, puzzled.

"What does Brianna have anything to do with stopping you from seeing us?" Kloe pondered again. "How old was she at the time? Like, six-years-old?"

Vickie inhaled a deep breath once more, before announcing the one statement that would instantly put Zayn and Kloe into shock. "Brianna is your half-sister."

Both Zayn and Kloe's mouths fell open, their brows deepening as every millisecond passed. "What?" Zayn blurted, the unexpected news making him forget about the walkers that were attempting to reach them through the chain-linked fence. "Brianna's our sister?"