𝟒𝟖. this sorrowful life

WHITE FLAG

chapter forty-eight : this sorrowful life
{ season three - episode fifteen }

chapter forty-eight : this sorrowful life{ season three - episode fifteen }

KNOCKING ON THE wall beside a cell Isabelle shared with Brianna, Kloe pursed her lips as she peeped around the corner, noticing the Marshel teen hadn't moved after many call outs to her. Kloe sighed, stepping inside the cell where Isabelle laid asleep.

A small smile sprouted Kloe's lips upon seeing the headphones her and Glenn had gotten for her at the record store. Her eyes moved down to the walkman beside her on the mattress, seeing the red coloring of the tape.

Isabelle had fallen asleep listening to the Heaven or Las Vegas tape. Kloe called out Isabelle's name in a sing-song tone, but she still never moved and stayed asleep, only shifted. Kloe shook her head as she chuckled, grasping onto Brianna's pillow from the top bunk.

With one swing to the face, the girl instantly jolted awake, sitting up and bashing her forehead against the metal from the top bunk. Isabelle let out a small yelp as she clasped onto her forehead, scrunching up her face with pain.

Kloe clutched onto her stomach from laughing, snorting at the way Isabelle jumped. Isabelle threw the headphones off her head, staring at the young woman as if she was crazy. "Kloe!"

As Kloe tried to speak, she was unable to as more laughs escaped her lips. After three seconds, Kloe pulled herself together and straightened her back. "Rise and shine, Isa," she joked, trying her best to keep hold of her laughter.

She couldn't help but let out another laugh at the look Isabelle was sending her. "What the hell was that?" she asked, trying to be louder than Kloe's laughs.

Once again, she managed to pull herself together, clearing her throat. "It's nine a.m., and I called you so many times. So I did what I had to do, Dr. Marshel," she explained, a large grin on her face. "You're the last one awake, we all got up hours ago."

"Did you?" Isabelle wondered, making Kloe's grin fall slightly. Since she and Glenn got saved by Rick and the others from Woodbury, she hadn't been able to have a good night's sleep. The only person she told about her nightmares was Isabelle.

She hesitantly shook her head. "No. They're still there... I'm surprised I haven't screamed when I wake up, but I have to use my inhaler since I'm out of breath all the time. Do you think it's...?"

Isabelle took a deep breath as she stepped out of her bed, grabbing onto her belt that held her weapons. "I think it's what you think it is - trauma," she answered, making Kloe's shoulders drop. "I'm not sure if it's PTSD or..."

"No, I don't think it's that at all," Kloe dismissed, shaking her head as she folded her arms over her chest. "I'm sure I'll get over it," she shrugged, waving the teen off as she watched her with sympathy.