𝟔𝟎. the three questions

WHITE FLAG

chapter sixty : the three questions
[ season four - episode thirteen ]

chapter sixty : the three questions[ season four - episode thirteen ]

THE MOMENT KLOE'S eyes shot open, she sat up so quickly that it made her dizzy -- but she didn't care, not in the slightest. Absentmindedly, her mouth mumbled out 'no' repeatedly.

A hot tear escaped her left eye as she stared into space, seeing nothing but a wall made out of wood. A wall. Out of wood. Every muscle in her body tensed up as she realized she wasn't where she had passed out the night before.

The morning light seeped through the windows. She figured she had slept through the entire night -- but that wasn't the case. She looked down to what she was laying on, and it was a couch.

The couch was made out of brown leather, and it was the type where you'd stick to it if you wore shorts. She hated that feeling. Kloe released a small sob as the memory of Vickie dying in her arms came back to her.

"I got you water," a voice that Kloe didn't recognize said as she entered the small living room that had been abandoned. Kloe snapped her head over to the person, her hand subconsciously reaching down for her knife. Her heart sank when she noticed that there was nothing to grab -- not even her thigh holster.

The person was a girl, possibly in her early twenties just like she was, maybe younger. She had dark brunette hair that draped down to just below her shoulders. She wore a forest green long coat that stopped at her thighs. Underneath her coat, she wore a plain, rusted white tee. For pants, she had black leggings.

In her right hand, she held a cup of water. "You should really drink this. You're dehydrated." As she went to place down the water, her body tensed up when she saw the cold glares the other woman sent her.

"Who the hell are you?" Kloe seethed. "How did I get here?"

"You were out cold near the creek and a dozen roamers were on their way to eat your ass. I had to drag you here," the girl responded truthfully. "You were very loud, by the way. Anyone could've heard your screams from a mile away."

"Okay..." Kloe said, still not daring to look away from the unknownst girl. "Who are you?"

"Uh-- sorry, I'm Reina...Salazar," the girl, Reina, answered. She shifted weight onto her other leg as she awaited for what Kloe had to say next.

"Alright, Reina Salazar, I want you to answer these three questions, then you can talk about anything else after," Kloe told her, sticking to one of the main rules the prison council had made after Rick suggested it. The Salazar girl nodded in return, waiting for the questions Kloe had for her. "Okay,

How many walkers have you killed?"

"Oh-- Um-- I don't usually keep count... but maybe twenty? Maybe a bit over twenty," Reina responded truthfully while Kloe kept her hard gaze on the girl's expression, making sure to spot the change in her face if she lied or something.