𝟒𝟑. the dixon arena

WHITE FLAG

chapter forty-three : the dixon arena
{ season three - episode nine }

chapter forty-three : the dixon arena{ season three - episode nine }

ZAYN WALKED UP to his younger sister, who was standing with Maggie. She was helping Kloe rewrap her thigh with a new piece of fabric that they had gotten from some clothing in the back of the car.

He had a small smile on his face as he reached down into his pocket. Kloe's head whipped up to her brother, a look of confusion picking at her face as he smiled. He pulled out the all too familiar blue container, with the canister that Kloe needed inside of it.

The corners of her lips tilted upward as Zayn tossed over the reliever inhaler. She caught it with her hands, cupping it tightly as if it was the thing that she needed most at that moment. She took a deep breath, hearing how the wheeze got five times worse in the time of ten minutes.

She shook the inhaler, bringing it to her lips as she sucked in the air the canister held and pushed it down. She pushed it down twice, immediately feeling her airways going back to normal with ease.

She handed it back over to Zayn, "Thanks." He nodded, stuffing it inside his pocket.

"You're lucky I found one in the duffel. I knew I would never forget it. I never would. I put it in there because I knew that you'd need it since you didn't take your preventer this morning," he explained, making Kloe raise her eyebrows.

"Wow, how big of a memory you got up in there?" She asked as she poked the side of his head, making him chuckle.

"Hey," Rick called out to the three, making them shoot their heads over to the man. "Let's go."

And with that, Rick, Maggie, Zayn, and Kloe all left for Woodbury to retrieve Daryl.

...

The five of them made it there within five minutes, not wasting any time in case they were too late. Kloe occasionally had the help of Maggie to help her walk, but other than that, she was doing fine.

Currently, they were sprinting across Woodbury to where all the commotion was happening. They moved extremely carefully and quietly, not wanting to catch any attention. But since all of the attention was on whatever was going on, it was as easy as ever to get inside.

They turned a corner, instantly getting a glance at what was going on where everyone was cheering. Kloe frowned deeply when she saw Daryl and Merle, both fighting together as they punched walkers that were held by snare poles that men held. There was a group of people around them, cheering as they wished death upon the brothers.

And in the midst of them all, Kloe caught a glimpse of the man. The Governor. The man that tortured her in the way she couldn't explain. Rick and the others crouched down behind a dumpster.