𝟐𝟕. daily streak

WHITE FLAG

chapter twenty-seven : daily streak
{ season two - episode ten }

chapter twenty-seven : daily streak{ season two - episode ten }

"ARE YOU SURE you wanna come with me?" Isabelle asked as her and Kloe stumbled through the woods, making their way to Isabelle's treehouse. "I still don't get how you trust me. I stabbed you and you trusted me right after."

Kloe's dark brown eyes flickered up to Isabelle's, "You thought I was a walker. You didn't know. And yes, I'm sure I wanna come with you. I can't let you go alone."

"I only want to get a picture of my family. It's the only thing I have of them left. It wouldn't take me long to get there and get back," the teen reasoned. "You could've stayed with Maggie and Beth since she's awake now."

Kloe narrowed her eyes at the teen, "Beth has been awake for a week now. There's nothing for me to do."

Isabelle nodded her head, staring at the soil. Kloe glanced around, noticing the tree that she was laying against the second before she got stabbed. "We must be getting close," Isabelle muttered, eyeing the tree guiltily as she recognized it.

Over the last week, the friendship between Kloe and Isabelle had increased majorly. They both had so much in common that it was hard to believe. Isabelle looked up to Kloe, knowing that everything she said Kloe would understand. The teen was grateful to have a friend like Kloe, despite the age gap.

Kloe was grateful too. She already had two friends that weren't her brother that she could talk to, but neither of them would understand since they never went through it. Isabelle did. Most people would find it weird talking to someone who's six years younger, but it didn't make Kloe feel weird whatsoever.

The youngest Schmidt talked Rick into letting her and Isabelle go back to her treehouse to get the rest of her belongings, and after a day of persuading, he gave in and allowed the two to go. Zayn and Glenn didn't like the idea either, but they also gave in.

Glenn. The two hadn't talked about their relationship yet. They kissed at least once a day, but that was all. Glenn was still shaken up by what happened in town and needed to pull himself together, so Kloe left him to it while she helped others.

"Do you think Randall should be dropped off on the road?" Isabelle suddenly asked, making Kloe's head snap up toward the teen. "I mean, I get that he tried killing Rick, Hershel and Glenn, but what if he was ordered to do that? Shouldn't he be given a chance?"

Kloe narrowed her eyes, "I'm a forgiving person, but I wouldn't feel safe if I was sleeping a few feet away right by someone who tried to kill some of our group. People have choices. He had a choice if he was to kill them or not."

"But wasn't it Rick that killed their people first? He was technically in the wrong," Isabelle remarked.

"Yes, but Glenn told me that one of them wanted to come here just for the women, and the other guy wanted his entire group here. I wouldn't have trusted them the second they mentioned using women for sex," she reasoned, earning a nod from Isabelle.