𝟑𝟓. minus a leg

WHITE FLAG

chapter thirty-five : minus a leg
{ season three - episode two }

chapter thirty-five : minus a leg{ season three - episode two }

"THIS WAY! THIS way!"

"No, no, no, back! Back!" Glenn pointed in the other direction as they searched for the arrows on the wall. Rick, Zayn, and Maggie spun on their heels, pushing the metal table that Hershel was laid on, unconscious. Glenn was behind them, his machete raised high in case they ran into any more walkers.

Daryl and Kloe were of course at the front as Rick yelled out their names after laying his eyes on two walkers that happened to walk into them. They both took it down at the same time, giving them a clear path for the metal table.

"Come on!" Daryl ushered, stepping off to the side to allow the group to go through first with the metal table, knowing that the exit was at the end of the hallway.

Kloe's stomach twisted with anxiousness, knowing that Hershel could possibly die and turn. Since she was at the back of the group now, she froze in place after hearing commotion behind her. She turned around, noticing the shadows of the five prisoners that were in the cafeteria following them.

"Ah, shit. Guys!" Kloe whisper-shouted, catching the group's attention as their face expressions dropped upon seeing the five men appear around the corner. The man at the front still aimed his gun ahead of him.

"Go, go, go, go," Daryl frantically muttered as they continued to rush forward. Kloe aimed her bow at the five men, walking backwards. Daryl jogged to the front of the group, quickly unlocking the door that led to C block, which was the block they were settling down in.

"He's losing too much blood," Maggie informed, holding her leg over Hershel's bleeding leg.

"Open the door! It's Hershel!" Rick shouted to his son who was on the other side of the door. Glenn stopped in his place, waiting for his girlfriend to step through the door that you could not see inside of.

Once he noticed her, he looked at her for a few seconds before going back to the group. Kloe lowered her bow, not taking a second to dash over to Hershel. None of them bothered to shut the metal steel door, meaning the five prisoners could enter at any given moment.

"Carl! Come on!"

The young boy pulled the door open, letting Hershel be pushed in by Rick, Maggie and Zayn. "Oh my God," Carol muttered, her hand flying to her mouth at the sight of Hershel's missing leg.

"Daddy!" Beth practically screamed, grabbing onto Carol's arm as tears formed in her eyes.

"Go, go, go, go, go! In there!" Rick pointed to a specific cell. Kloe headed inside the cell before the others could, setting up the bed for the man to lay on. She pushed up the pillow just as Rick, Zayn and Maggie wheeled him in. "He got bit."