𝟔𝟐. revealed truth

WHITE FLAG

chapter sixty-two : revealed truth
[ season four - episode fourteen ]

chapter sixty-two : revealed truth[ season four - episode fourteen ]

A WHOLE DAY had passed since Kloe and Reina were approached by the Claimers. That's what they were called -- from what Kloe had found. After looting houses, she found a note calling them the Claimers. Their leader was named Joe -- who was the man that threatened Kloe.

He may have threatened her, but she sure as hell didn't feel threatened. It was currently nearing evening time, after they had to spend the entirety of the day in one of the houses after coming across a massive herd.

Not only did they spot it, but it stayed around the area so they couldn't leave. Kloe felt like she was driven into insanity at that point. A whole day had gone to waste because of a stupid, pathetic herd of walkers. That's how she saw it anyway.

At any point after the Claimers had approached them, Kloe felt on edge every second of every day. Reina could sense that while walking on the rails, Kloe was constantly checking around them.

She couldn't blame her though -- she could've sworn she did the same thing a few times too. Although, they instantaneously came to a stop when a gunshot pierced through the air nearby.

Kloe's head snapped into the direction of where the gunshot had come from, Reina doing the same. "Do you think it was them?" the younger woman asked, referring to the Claimers.

"Maybe..." Kloe answered truthfully before turning her head to face Reina, "But it could also be someone in my group. We have to check."

"Kloe... that's a suicide mission. If it ends up being the Claimers, then we're more than dead," Reina reasoned, not fond of Kloe's new idea.

The Rhee woman shook her head religiously, "Not if we're quiet. I'm good at keeping quiet, are you?"

Reina stayed silent for a few seconds before slowly and hesitantly nodding, "Yeah, I am. But even then, if walkers come out of nowhere and give us the chomp, then we're also caught."

"I know that," Kloe returned, slumping her shoulders as she continued to reason with the younger woman. "C'mon, Reina. I have to check, alright? You don't have to come with me or anything, you can stay in the woods and start a fire. But I have to check what it is."

"Do you have a death wish?" Reina replied before stepping forward, walking into the woods in the direction the gunshot had come from.

"Nope. I have hope."

...

It was a house -- a bungalow. That's where the gunshot had come from. Kloe and Reina hid within the depth of a large bush. And Kloe waited for someone to appear.