𝟑𝟗. the other dixon

WHITE FLAG

chapter thirty-nine : the other dixon
{ season three - episode six }

chapter thirty-nine : the other dixon{ season three - episode six }

KLOE BROUGHT THE red plastic spoon that she used for her oats in her bowl to her mouth, chewing the contents and savoring the flavor - not that there was much flavor to it. She sat around the table her, Glenn, Zayn, and Isabelle would always sit around.

Maggie, Beth, Carl, Hershel were on another table, the baby in Beth's arms. Beth and Kloe had agreed that they'd make a schedule for who'd look after the baby. Beth would take care of her in the mornings, while Kloe looked after her in the afternoons.

Daryl and Oscar were sitting on the concrete steps. Mostly everyone was there, except the leader and two of the prisoners. Rick Grimes, Axel, and Jayce. Rick had been gone for the whole night. Hershel had told them to just let him do what he has to do. He just lost his wife, this is how they should've expected him to react.

Just as Kloe began to think of Rick, he looked through the metal bars, eyeing the group. "Everyone okay?" Everyone's eyes shot up to the man, surprised that he had actually gone to see them.

"Yeah, we are," Maggie replied, straightening her back as she placed her plastic spoon in her bowl. Everyone stopped eating, watching the man carefully as he pushed the metal bar door open, stepping inside. They noticed he had a change of clothes, meaning he had been back already without their knowledge. He must've changed while they were all sleeping.

"What about you?" Hershel questioned the man.

"I cleared out the boiler block," he answered simply, clenching his jaw. Kloe's brows raised, forming lines on her forehead. He had cleared out an entire block? By himself?

"How many were there?" Daryl asked while chewing onto something that was previously in his bowl. Kloe stared at the Grimes man, wanting to know the answer to Daryl's question too.

"I don't know. A dozen, two dozen," he replied honestly, his eyes almost instantly landing on his son, who's crystal blue eyes stared at anything other than his father. "I had to get back. Just wanted to check on Carl."

With a pat on his son's back, he departed from the group and walked back over to the door he had just come from. He was going already? Although, before any of the group could speak up, Glenn did first.

He rose to his feet, stopping Rick as he spoke. "Rick, we can handle taking out the bodies," he said, making Rick's eyes land on the ground. "You don't have to."

Rick frowned at the Korean. "No, I do." Kloe frowned herself, not fond of the new side that everyone was seeing of Rick. The last time they saw him like that, was when Shane died. They all knew that this was his way of grieving, and they accepted that. "Everyone have a gun and a knife?" He questioned Daryl as he swiftly stepped over to him.