𝟗. feelings

WHITE FLAG

chapter nine : feelings
{ season one - episode six }

chapter nine : feelings{ season one - episode six }

KLOE FIRMLY PRESSED her finger against the button to the shower. Almost immediately, hot water came bursting out of the shower head. The biggest smile that probably had ever been etched on the younger Schmidt's face formed. She felt like she was in heaven. Back in the camp, they had to take turns on cleaning themselves in the quarry. The water was mildly warm, but it was clean.

Having a steaming hot shower, though, was so much better than bathing in the cool quarry. Kloe turned around and put her head under the shower head so she could get her hair wet. She ran her fingers through her hair as it began to soak with water.

She gripped onto the shampoo bottle that was placed on a small plastic shelf on the wall and instantly squeezed some onto her hand. She rubbed her shampoo covered hands thoroughly across her scalp, closing her eyes at the satisfying feeling of a massage.

Once she had finished cleaning her hair, she reluctantly turned off the shower. She definitely wanted to be in the shower a lot longer, but Jenner had told the group not to go hard on the hot water. Considering there were eighteen of them there, the hot water would run out in no time.

She wrapped one of her towels around her head, keeping her hair contained within it. She patted her other towel over her whole body to dry it.

She folded the towel around her body and stepped out into her bedroom. God, did it feel good not having to sleep in the same place as her brother. But from the limited amount of tents Dale had back at the camp, they had to.

She unzipped her backpack full of clothes and grabbed hold of a white long sleeved t-shirt, gray shorts and underwear.

After she had put on her clothes, she brushed her hair and teeth. It felt amazing to brush her teeth. Everything in this place was amazing, there was nothing wrong with it. It was in perfect condition to start a new generation.

She examined the room, searching for something to do. Her dark brown eyes landed on a new wine bottle, a corkscrew and an empty glass beside it, waiting to be used.

The biggest smirk tugged on her lips as she rushed over to it. Though, even if she wanted to drink it all by herself, she knew she wouldn't be able to drink it all by herself. So she began to think of who could drink with her, and she knew exactly who to ask.

Glenn.

The smile grew bigger while she hurried out of the room with the wine bottle in her hand. Her eyes scattered across all of the rooms as she searched for Glenn's. Then she found it.

Without hesitation, she knocked on his door. She tapped her finger against the wine bottle as she waited for him to open the door, which he did. "Hey. You okay?" he asked.