𝟑. guts

WHITE FLAG

chapter three : guts
{ season one - episode two }

chapter three : guts{ season one - episode two }

"MY GOD, IT'S like Times Square down there," Andrea commented, her gaze set on the walkers from below, with Jacqui beside her. T-Dog was sat by Jacqui's feet, his own spread out as he fidgeted with the walkie, trying to get signal to reach the others. Merle was still handcuffed to the pipe and had finally calmed down, while Glenn and Kloe sat side by side on the metal steps, a few meters away from Merle.

"How's that signal?" Morales stepped over with Rick, they both went over to have a little chat and had finished.

"Like Dixon's brain..." T-Dog shifted his eyes over to Merle, "Weak." Simultaneously, all of the group's eyes fell on Merle, who lifted his middle finger in response.

"Keep trying," Morales told, taking a deep breath in. Rick took a few steps forwards, leaning over the side of the roof beside Andrea, who spun her head around to Morales.

"Why? There's nothing they can do. Not a damn thing," Andrea pushed herself away from the side of the roof, stumbling away from them towards the backpacks which the group had set down. Glenn and Kloe shared a quick look before gazing back at Morales, who began speaking.

"Got some people outside the city is all. There's no refugee center," he shook his head. "That's a pipe dream."

"Then she's right. We're on our own," Rick peered over his shoulder to face all of them. "It's up to us to find a way out."

"Good luck with that," Merle started. "These streets ain't safe in this part of town from what I hear," he shifted his eyes over to Andrea, "Ain't that right, sugar tits?" Kloe's eyebrows slowly connected as she began to cringe at the man, "hey, honeybunch, what say you get me out of these cuffs, we go off somewhere and bump some uglies? Gonna die anyway."

Andrea shook her head, "I'd rather." She stood up and walked over to Glenn and Kloe, taking a seat in front of them.

"Rug muncher. I figured as much," Merle rolled onto his back. The Schmidt girl rolled her eyes away from the man, over to Morales and Rick.

"The streets ain't safe," Morales shook his head, locking his eyes with Rick's. "Now there's an understatement."

"What about under the streets? The sewers?" The brunette girl's eyebrows raised at Rick's suggestion, that could've been a good plan, if they figured how to get inside of them.

"Oh, man," Morales turned over his shoulder and faced Glenn, "Hey, Glenn, check the alley. You see any manhole covers?"

In an instant, Glenn stood up beside the girl and ran over to check, but came back shaking his head, "No, must be all out on the streets where the geeks are."