𝟒𝟓. the need for revenge

WHITE FLAG

chapter forty-five : the need for revenge
{ season three -episode ten }

chapter forty-five : the need for revenge{ season three -episode ten }

KLOE'S ARMS SAT firmly across her chest, watching her boyfriend while he drew on the ground with a white chalk. He was drawing tombs of the prison, the second youngest member of the group, Carl, couching directly opposite him.

She only had around an hour of sleep. Everything had lingered in her mind that night, keeping her awake as she tossed and turned every five minutes. When it got to around four a.m., she'd given up on trying and sat there, biting at her fingernails as she thought of ways she could plan her revenge.

Most of the group thought that the Governor wouldn't try to attack them since they hadn't technically done anything wrong, but as Kloe thought deeper, that wouldn't be the reason why the Governor would attack them.

It's plainly obvious to the woman that the Governor loved power. Hello? He claimed himself to be the Governor. It wasn't that hard to piece together that he would return some time soon. After all, they did kill a few of his people to get Daryl back, and the way the Governor watched the group sent shivers down Kloe's spine.

She blinked a few times, trying to unnoticeably remove the thoughts as she attempted to listen to what Glenn was saying. He drew a square on the ground, a rectangle linking up to it.

"Right," he muttered as he continued drawing. "Now, you said you found Tyreese's group here?" he asked the young boy opposite him, who let out a small 'yeah' in reply. "We secured this."

Carl shifted slightly, pointing over to another square that Glenn had drawn down. Zayn squinted his eyes as he tried to work out what square was what, sharing a few glances with his sister, who looked completely out of it as Carl began to speak. "He thought he came through here."

Glenn let out a quiet sigh, staring down at the ground. "Means there's another breach." Kloe broke out of her thoughts once again, her tired eyes landing on her boyfriend. "Okay," he mumbled before looking back up at the group. "The whole front of the prison is unsecure. If walker's just strolled in, then it's gonna be cake for a group of armed men."

"Why are we even so sure he's going to attack?" Beth questioned, her own arms over her chest. "Maybe you scared him off."

Kloe silently scoffed, averting her eyes to the ground as Zayn briefly watched her. There was no way in hell that they, a few people that had been on the road for eight months not so long ago, scared him off.

"He had a fish tank full of heads," Michonne spoke up, making everyone simultaneously look up at her. "Walkers and humans. Trophies..." she trailed off, then drifted her eyes to Beth. "He's coming."