𝟑𝟏. turned but not bit

WHITE FLAG

chapter thirty-one : turned but not bit
{ season two - episode twelve }

chapter thirty-one : turned but not bit { season two - episode twelve }

"ZAYN," KLOE CALLED out to her older brother, who was sharpening his knife while leaning up against a tree.

His head shot up toward his younger sister, who was approaching him, and pushed himself off of the tree and shoved his knife into his sheath. "Hey. What's up?" he asked.

She exhaled heavily before reaching down into her back pocket, grabbing hold of the photograph and pulling it out. He watched his sister with confusion until she put it in front of the man's hand.

"I found this in my backpack. I didn't know it was there and I thought you'd want it," she explained, revealing the picture to her older brother, who's eyes widened as he made out the two small figures that were imprinted on the glossy paper.

He gently took hold of it and brought it closer to his face to get a better look at it. "No way. We're like babies here," he cooed, amused by the photograph that he had only seen once in his life, which is when their father had taken the photo.

"Yeah. It says '99 on the back, so we weren't even teenagers yet," Kloe expressed, gesturing to the other side of the photograph. Absentmindedly, Zayn flipped the paper over, reading the back.

"That's dad's handwriting," he muttered, hastily getting sadness washing over him. He shook away the sadness, though, and looked away from the picture and toward his sister. "Are- are you sure you don't want it-"

"No, you can have it," she instantly intercepted, shaking her head. Knowing that she wouldn't give in, Zayn nodded his head, staring down at the A5 photograph and shoved it inside his pocket.

He looked up at his younger sister, only to see a familiar figure who was sneaking up on her with his finger pressed against his lips, gesturing to Zayn to keep quiet. Zayn instantly looked away from his best friend and back toward Kloe.

"Fine," Zayn gave in, trying to hide the fact that Kloe was about to jump out of her skin. She raised her eyebrows, unconvinced. "I'm taking it because I know you won't stop begging for me to take it."

Just as Kloe was about to respond, she was immediately cut off by Glenn, who had wrapped his arms around her waist hastily and shouting the word boo. She yelped with fear and instantaneously spun around to face the Korean.

Zayn laughed in amusement as Kloe half-heartedly whacked Glenn's arm with the back of her hand. "I swear to God, if you make me jump one more time, I'll-" she paused, thinking of something.

"You'll do what?" Glenn questioned, raising one eyebrow while grinning widely. Kloe stood completely still for a moment, attempting to figure out what she was going to get him back with. Zayn's eyes traveled back and forth between the two.