𝟓𝟎. home

WHITE FLAG

chapter fifty : home
{ season three - episode sixteen }

chapter fifty : home{ season three - episode sixteen }

"I WANT YOU both to stay," Kloe pleaded. She was in a small circle with her brother and boyfriend, not wanting them to come to Woodbury. "If we don't end up finding the Governor and he somehow manages to make his way past us, he might attack again."

Zayn rubbed his chin in consideration. Glenn held his hands in his pockets, biting gently onto his bottom lip as he thought about it. Zayn stopped rubbing his chin. "And if he doesn't come back here?"

"Well, we don't know if that'll happen or not," Kloe clarified. "But if he decides to attack us, then we have just almost the same manpower. Seven here and five with us. You two, Jayce, Maggie, Carl, Brianna and Isabelle can all keep look-out, while me, Rick, Daryl, Michonne and Vickie leave."

Both Zayn and Glenn shared a look with each other, both knowing that what Kloe was suggesting would work. Glenn gave in and nodded. "Alright. We'll stay."

Kloe smiled widely at him before turning to her brother for his confirmation. "Yeah, we'll stay," he said, patting his younger sister on her shoulder. "If you don't come back in one piece unharmed, I will murder you."

"Got it," she acknowledged, raising both of her thumbs. She did that a lot. Raising her thumbs. It became a habit of hers. Currently, they were standing beside the car that Rick and the others were gonna leave in.

Michonne was ready to leave as she stood beside the door to one of the backseats. Vickie was on the other side of the car, checking through her backpack to make sure she had all the right supplies with her. And Daryl was examining the condition of the guns they were bringing.

Rick, on the other hand, was close by talking with his son. He found out through Hershel that Carl had shot the teenage boy mercilessly. So he had a little chat with him.

Once he was done with that chat though, which was the same ten seconds when Kloe finished her conversation with her brother and boyfriend, he walked over to them.

"Rick," Glenn called out to the man, earning his attention, "Zayn and I are staying. We don't know where the Governor is. If he comes back, we'll hold him off."

"Just the five of us?" Daryl wondered, his eyes watching the two best friends. "Alright." He wrapped the strap of his crossbow over his shoulder as he turned around, stepping over to his motorcycle.

Rick faced away from Daryl and back to Glenn and Zayn. "I appreciate you staying."

"Sure."

...

After around a five minute drive, Daryl on his motorcycle came to a stop in front of them. Kloe frowned at the deserted vehicles in front of them as Rick turned off the engine to the car.